Problems with TheBatteryMan

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
I've purchased and received a battery from TheBatteryMan (105ah powerware).

Battery worked great at first, but over time the voltage held went down over time. At times, with no load, it would not go over 13.8V.

Then suddenly one day the entire system voltage would not go over 12.8V with the powerware connected..

Long story short... battery will not charge and will kill a battery charger.

Attempted RMA and resolution(replacement) for 3 weeks+ now. Attempted to reply to a PM from nicholas mccabe, but since the inbox was full i decided to get some real action done.

With no helpful information, i created a PayPal dispute and will attempt to work things out before i escolate it to a claim. At this point i am requesting a full refund with return of product.

everything you described points to a bad alt
Uh, this. You didn't even test resting voltage according to your post, which is the basic test of a battery. Looks like you ignorantly jumped to conclusions, according to this post.

I've purchased and received a battery from TheBatteryMan (105ah powerware).
Battery worked great at first, but over time the voltage held went down over time. At times, with no load, it would not go over 13.8V.

Then suddenly one day the entire system voltage would not go over 12.8V with the powerware connected..

Long story short... battery will not charge and will kill a battery charger.

Attempted RMA and resolution(replacement) for 3 weeks+ now. Attempted to reply to a PM from nicholas mccabe, but since the inbox was full i decided to get some real action done.

With no helpful information, i created a PayPal dispute and will attempt to work things out before i escolate it to a claim. At this point i am requesting a full refund with return of product.
Whats your voltage with powerware unhooked?

Have you really done any testing of any sort to single the battery out? Have you put another battery in your system and tested that?

Or is this a troll attempt. Because it's really dumb, either way.

What kind of battery charger are you using to begin with. Don't take to advance and have them check it as they don't have the right equipment. Your more than welcome to pm me your number so we can resolve this issue asap

What did your battery rest at when you got it?

Also you have an AGM battery. You have to have a special charger to charge one.

This topic is teh lulz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

JoeK

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
JoeK
Ringtown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied