4 runs?

Participant count
  • Participants list

garretttt4
10+ year member

big pimpin
Watertown sd
Planning on hopefully getting a Memphis 4k. I heard it wasn't as power hungry as some amps in its class. So I was wondering for wire if I could do 4 runs of ofc 4 gauge from knu? Or should I do 2 runs of 1/0 ofc? It's like the same price but didn't know if I'd get a tiny bit more with the 4 runs.....? Getting batts and alt too so just the wire is the main question right now.

2 runs of 1/0 and that memphis is very power hungry
really? Will a 275 amp alt be able to keep up as long as I don't go max vol for long periods of time? Like no more than like 20 mins at a time then let it charge for like 5 mins? Gunna hopefully have like 3 deka g31 batts or whatever they are. Haha

really? Will a 275 amp alt be able to keep up as long as I don't go max vol for long periods of time? Like no more than like 20 mins at a time then let it charge for like 5 mins? Gunna hopefully have like 3 deka g31 batts or whatever they are. Haha
yep should be good...jus make sure u got a volt meter and watch ur voltage

yep should be good...jus make sure u got a volt meter and watch ur voltage
Ok cool. Still can't decide on subs tho. Kinda want Matt's dreadnaut 12s but ik I can do better for the money..... Opinions plz? Or subs?

hdc4 12 are on sale for 356 free shipping and are twice the power with a 4 inch coil
I'm actually thinking about getting one for the girls ridw and just doing like 2300 watts....... Do you have your hdc4s yet? And what all you putting in this build?

id do 2 runs of positive and ground good in front and back save urself 2 neg runs which i have seen minimal gains in if ur grounds are good
That's what I was thinking...... Maybe do one run of gnd to front and gnd one in back.... Would that work?

yea i mean any extra grounding cant hurt..i just have seen ppl add neg runs and gain verrry little in voltage drop or on the meter
Ya was thinking I'd ground in the back till I get more wire then do 1 run to the front and have the 2 grounds in the back. Gunna have a buss bar on batts in the spare tire well and just connect both grounds to either side..... Would that work ya think?

Ya was thinking I'd ground in the back till I get more wire then do 1 run to the front and have the 2 grounds in the back. Gunna have a buss bar on batts in the spare tire well and just connect both grounds to either side..... Would that work ya think?
yea thats how im doin mine buss bars..works fine ..just make sure you do good frame grounds in back and good big 3 grou.ds up front

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.