Amp cutting out

Callingindogs
10+ year member

I installed my new 6x9's today and when I play them loud for a short time it cuts out, I played it loud and felt the amp and it's not warm at all, so I don't think it's overheating. The way I have it setup for now is a pair of rca's coming from my head unit going in the in to my subwoofer amp then out the output for the rca's into my amp powering my 6x9's temporary also i'm using a 4 channel infinity kappa four amp to power them, i have both the 6x9's wired to the rear channel. The grounds good no noise or anything and connections are all secure. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

I installed my new 6x9's today and when I play them loud for a short time it cuts out, I played it loud and felt the amp and it's not warm at all, so I don't think it's overheating. The way I have it setup for now is a pair of rca's coming from my head unit going in the in to my subwoofer amp then out the output for the rca's into my amp powering my 6x9's temporary also i'm using a 4 channel infinity kappa four amp to power them, i have both the 6x9's wired to the rear channel. The grounds good no noise or anything and connections are all secure. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

My sub amp did the same thing. I used a dmm to see if my amp was putting out constant voltage. (So try that first). Mine was. So I went and replaced the speaker wire and put in new terminals and its been working for me so far. So I'd try that.....

I've been thinking its the connecters on ye speaker wire, I forgot to get connecters so I used some old aluminum my dad had, I'm going out to get cold covered ones today, if the problem still persists what could it be? The RCA outputs are fine because it only cuts out of I play the music loud.

My sub amp did the same thing. I used a dmm to see if my amp was putting out constant voltage. (So try that first). Mine was. So I went and replaced the speaker wire and put in new terminals and its been working for me so far. So I'd try that.....

I've been thinking its the connecters on ye speaker wire, I forgot to get connecters so I used some old aluminum my dad had, I'm going out to get cold covered ones today, if the problem still persists what could it be? The RCA outputs are fine because it only cuts out of I play the music loud.
it could be a short in your wire.....

I used to have a REALLY crappy HU in my truck back in HS temporarily while I was waiting for my new one to come in. Whenever I would turn it up really loud it would cut out everything. Try turning gains up and not turning HU up so high volume wise.

I have a stock headunit so I'm using clamps to tamp the wire to a RCA converter. The subwoofer doesn't cut out, only the 6x9's

I used to have a REALLY crappy HU in my truck back in HS temporarily while I was waiting for my new one to come in. Whenever I would turn it up really loud it would cut out everything. Try turning gains up and not turning HU up so high volume wise.

I have a stock headunit so I'm using clamps to tamp the wire to a RCA converter. The subwoofer doesn't cut out, only the 6x9's
Oh. Well yea thats probably the problem. My GUESS is that the RCA's dont have enough power to push a signal to both amplifiers. Im not expert on LOC's or anything though, could be wrong.

My friend has the same setup and it had no problems, I'm going to try and ground it better tonight and add the gold tipped connecters and see how it is, if it still occurs then I'll just deal with it till I have the money for a new headunit and everything

Oh. Well yea thats probably the problem. My GUESS is that the RCA's dont have enough power to push a signal to both amplifiers. Im not expert on LOC's or anything though, could be wrong.

I just replaced the speaker connectors and it didn't cut out once after playing music at almost max for 10 minutes, before it would have several times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.