6th order design.

Participant count
  • Participants list
trust me.. you wont find many that will do one... they are very tricky. I would just stick with a simple bass reflex design. 6ths can damage woofers if not done correctly.

Was just reading about them, having never seen or heard on before. They seem like a pain in the as^ and are very finicy. What are the advantages of using one?

Was just reading about them, having never seen or heard on before. They seem like a pain in the as^ and are very finicy. What are the advantages of using one?
its just a mechanical filter... but if you think about it a bass reflex enclosure in your vehicle makes the entire vehicle a 6th order... now if you throw a 6th order into a vehicle the entire thing becomes an 8th order... and well... thats just plain stupid.

it will be alot of trial and error to get it right doug .tuning or the rear chamber isn't the main issue ,its the frt chamber that you'll have to play around with until you get it right .but yea not that easy

its just a mechanical filter... but if you think about it a bass reflex enclosure in your vehicle makes the entire vehicle a 6th order... now if you throw a 6th order into a vehicle the entire thing becomes an 8th order... and well... thats just plain stupid.
Not sure I follow, but doesnt matter I guess. thanks for trying to explain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.