what's wrong?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tone415
10+ year member

A.K.A FrisnoG
I had a melted fuse in the engine bay so I replaced it with a breaker. Well I noticed what caused the melting amd can't figure out why this is happening.

Background:

Ap1500 amp. Ssa gcon. Wired to two ohms. Small ap amp for 6x9's. Solid bare matel ground in back. All 4g wiring. Fused in the back. Those fuses do not melt. Neither does the fuse in the small amp. Stock eletrical.

Now the problem. When the bass is turned up.. small sparks can be seen on the ring connector at the breaker/fuse holder. Then the wire gets warm. What can cause this? I immediately unhooked the systems power from the battery untill I can figure this out. Ill also post a vid.

Idk.. thanks for ur response. ill try changing the nut, but I went through two fuse holders and now I notice this thing sparking. I doubt it could be the nut on all three. Any other suggestions?

The only reason that would be sparking like that is if it wasn't getting a solid connection in the circuit somewhere (Usually right where it sparks). Sand that paint off where it is connected and check your cables connections everywhere to make sure you have solid grounds and power connections in the loop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.