Radio cuts in/out

Participant count
  • Participant list

STC1709
10+ year member

CT
Hey guys so I have had my system installed 4 years now. Just recently sound has been cutting in and out at a certain volume. If I have the radio playing above volume 38-40 it starts cutting out where everything goes silent than it comes back on. Higher I go with volume the more persistent the cutting out is. When I plug my iphone in the aux jack I can't go past volume 32-34 with the same thing occurring. If I keep the volumes low or below those levels everything runs fine.

I have a feeling I may need a new set of RCA cables, either that or it can be a battery wire or ground problem. Or possibly the headunit itself since it's an old radio (pioneer premier 8 years old). Any thoughts are welcome. Trying to get some insight before I tear the whole car apart. Also too the battery itself in the car is less than a year old.

Thanks in advance fellas

Is your mids/highs amped? If so then first thing would seeing if the pioneer cuts off signal or if the problem is at the amp. Could be several things, from worn out speakers, to power/ground connections, to RCA failure... It is actually a pretty ling list.

Is your mids/highs amped? If so then first thing would seeing if the pioneer cuts off signal or if the problem is at the amp. Could be several things, from worn out speakers, to power/ground connections, to RCA failure... It is actually a pretty ling list.
Everything runs off the amp full system. 1 sub and 4 speakers. How would I go about seeing if it's the radio cutting off the signal? Thanks

Is everything on one 5 channel amp? Does your pioneer shut off or dim out?

If everything is one amp simply looking at the amp to see if it goes into protect would be a starting point.

Is everything on one 5 channel amp? Does your pioneer shut off or dim out?
If everything is one amp simply looking at the amp to see if it goes into protect would be a starting point.
4 channel amp, I have the sub running on the rear channel by itself, and I have the left side of the car run parallel and the right side run parallel those speakers run on the front channel.

Pioneer radio does not shut off or dim out.

Ok I will have to check that

thanks

The amp stays on, however once the music cuts out you begin to hear a psssssss sound coming from the amp then the music would come back in and the process would repeat.

Could be an issue interanally with the amp. However, I would check your power and ground connections to ensure you are not having some sort of voltage issue.

Could be an issue interanally with the amp. However, I would check your power and ground connections to ensure you are not having some sort of voltage issue.
Alright will do thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

STC1709

10+ year member
STC1709
CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from