Replacing eclipse 8053,

Participant count
  • Participant list

husker77
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Nebraska
I have the 8053 with bla and ipc 106. How much of a jump would the 7200mkII be? Or is it even any better? Where does the avn726e fall as far as sound quality and tuning? I need to get my kid a new hu, so thought maybe I would get me something different and give him the 8053, but to be honest he doesn't really need all the capabilities it offers. I plan on running active, but thought I could always use an external processor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just replaced my Eclipse 3422 with same generation but upgraded model an Eclipse 8052 I found never opened. I thought about going with an MKII but after seeing the unit I was not overly impressed with the build quality. I would take the 2002 Fujitsu build quality over any new Eclipse unit right now. I would think the MKII sound quality is the same at least although I am not certain if the quality is any better. I doubt it would make much of a difference. I just know it has built in DSP and presets, USB connection HD radio ready (some of the new things to support). The 2002 generation models are built like a tank. My Eclipse 3244 still works. The only thing that doesn't work on it is the AUX input jack but it is 10 years old.

CD7200 mkii had the best dsp I have tried for cd's in a deck yes even better than the p99rs, I wouldn't spend a dime over $295 shipped though. The people on ebay are fools for listing them at $500... The ipod interface was not worth the money at all. The aux port was better to my ears when used with my iphone.

[quote name='West']The ipod interface was not worth the money at all. The aux port was better to my ears when used with my iphone.[/QUOTE]

Well son of a beetch, there was a waste of $50.

You had an 8053 at one time didn't you @West;? Would you bother upgrading/changing?

[quote name='husker77']Well son of a beetch, there was a waste of $50.

You had an 8053 at one time didn't you @West;? Would you bother upgrading/changing?[/QUOTE]

Had a cd7200mkii.
I got a p99rs to go 4 way active. But I am going to try a ps8 to attempt to do better and an alpine dva-9861 with optical out.
Just trying different things.

My ears still prefer the eclipse sound over the pioneers. It has nothing to do with eq or crossover settings the pioneer wins in that reguard. The eclipse sounds warmer than the pioneer and smooth as silk.

It is still not worth 500$ on ebay lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.