Questions on amp settings.

Participant count
  • Participant list

hutt132
10+ year member

US
I have a Hifonics ZRX500.2 amp and plan to power a Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1S412 sub bridged.

What should I set the mode to: Mono or Stereo?

For tuning the amp, should I start off with the level at .2V?

What would you recommend I put the LPF at?

Edit: Sorry, just realized I am in the Subwoofer section.

Mono

Read up on how to set your amplifier gain (level), for now dont turn it up more than 1/3.

X-over set to LPF

LPF-- around 80hz

MonoRead up on how to set your amplifier gain (level), for now dont turn it up more than 1/3.

X-over set to LPF

LPF-- around 80hz
I watched some videos on how to set the gain. Is .2V the lowest? It has me confused because it's on the right.

Yes, .2v is the lowest, becareful not to over power the sub it's rated for 150 watts rms, while the amp when bridge is rated at 500 watts rms.

Yes, .2v is the lowest, becareful not to over power the sub it's rated for 150 watts rms, while the amp when bridge is rated at 500 watts rms.
Thanks man! I'll be careful.

Holy crap, no. .2V is on the right for a reason, that is the highest gain setting. Your gain is there to match your HU's pre-out voltage. The higher your HU's voltage, the less you have to turn up your amp.

Holy crap, no. .2V is on the right for a reason, that is the highest gain setting. Your gain is there to match your HU's pre-out voltage. The higher your HU's voltage, the less you have to turn up your amp.
Hmmm, thought it was opposite on this amp, op, try it and find out which direction it increases on very low hu volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.