Sign in to follow this  
hutt132

Questions on amp settings.

I have a Hifonics ZRX500.2 amp and plan to power a Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1S412 sub bridged.

What should I set the mode to: Mono or Stereo?

For tuning the amp, should I start off with the level at .2V?

What would you recommend I put the LPF at?

Edit: Sorry, just realized I am in the Subwoofer section.

Mono

Read up on how to set your amplifier gain (level), for now dont turn it up more than 1/3.

X-over set to LPF

LPF-- around 80hz

Mono

Read up on how to set your amplifier gain (level), for now dont turn it up more than 1/3.

X-over set to LPF

LPF-- around 80hz

I watched some videos on how to set the gain. Is .2V the lowest? It has me confused because it's on the right.

Yes, .2v is the lowest, becareful not to over power the sub it's rated for 150 watts rms, while the amp when bridge is rated at 500 watts rms.

Yes, .2v is the lowest, becareful not to over power the sub it's rated for 150 watts rms, while the amp when bridge is rated at 500 watts rms.

Thanks man! I'll be careful.

Holy crap, no. .2V is on the right for a reason, that is the highest gain setting. Your gain is there to match your HU's pre-out voltage. The higher your HU's voltage, the less you have to turn up your amp.

Holy crap, no. .2V is on the right for a reason, that is the highest gain setting. Your gain is there to match your HU's pre-out voltage. The higher your HU's voltage, the less you have to turn up your amp.

Hmmm, thought it was opposite on this amp, op, try it and find out which direction it increases on very low hu volume.

I'll just keep the HU on low and adjust the gain and see which way the volume goes up and down.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this