Focal IS 165 & 2012 Honda Civic EX Coupe Fitment Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

chones

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade my factory speakers on my Civic EX Coupe. The factory size for both front and back is 6.5". I want to replace them with Focal IS 165s but Crutchfield says it's not a good fit; something to do with how they classify them as technically 6 3/4 (when Focal classifies them as 6.5). I am totally confused.

I have two questions:

1) Does anyone have any experience with these and/or do you think I could manage this mod without too much hassle?

2) Crutchfield does have some 5 1/4 Focals that will fit in my car but am I sacrificing too much if I go with 5 1/4s? I am mostly interested in sound quality, not booming bass, and I won't have these connected to a sub, only an amp to drive them. I mean, I suppose I could get some Polk or JL Audio, but I really like the reviews of Focals.

What do y'all think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.