round ports for my bandpass

Participant count
  • Participant list
Right now I have removable square port firing into cabin through the fold down seats. I'm just thinking I can get louder with it loading off the rear window and will be easyer to seal off trunk

Also. Does it effect anything cutting out some of the rear deck (where the back speakers go)
Well, it'll affect the structural integrity of the rear deck, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

What size and how many subs to answer your other questions.

Well, it'll affect the structural integrity of the rear deck, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.[color="Silver"---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

[/color]What size and how many subs to answer your other questions.
one 15"zcon on 3000 watts

General rule of thumb is half cone area. You could do a single 10" round port. If you're using flared ports, and I'm talking something with a good flare on it like the psp aeroports. You can get away with less. You could do two of their 6" ports. You can find them on Parts Express or even eBay.

General rule of thumb is half cone area. You could do a single 10" round port. If you're using flared ports, and I'm talking something with a good flare on it like the psp aeroports. You can get away with less. You could do two of their 6" ports. You can find them on Parts Express or even eBay.
I'm probley wanting to do either square/rectangle port with mdf or use just pvc cause I'm going to be making a lot of them to get the tuning right and keep one for daily and one for burps

You think that much for 4 cubes
You could probably get away with less, but like I said, general rule of thumb for 4th orders is half cone area. I have 67.5 in^2 in mine and it's only 2.25cf. Definitely don't do less than 60. It depends on what you're tuning it to as well. The lower you tune it, the less port you really need.

You could probably get away with less, but like I said, general rule of thumb for 4th orders is half cone area. I have 67.5 in^2 in mine and it's only 2.25cf. Definitely don't do less than 60. It depends on what you're tuning it to as well. The lower you tune it, the less port you really need.
I think I mite be able to get a 6 by 10 in the rear deck. How far do you think I need to keep the port away from the window?

I think I mite be able to get a 6 by 10 in the rear deck. How far do you think I need to keep the port away from the window?
I'm not sure. I've never ported through rear deck before. Maybe someone else can chime in on this. There's no way you could do a 6x12 port? 60 just seems a little small. How much power are you running again?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.