Dodge ram 2500 front doors, 40wrms What to do What to do

Participant count
  • Participants list

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Redoing my brothers front stage for xmas, has a ram2500 with the infinity 40x4@4 wants to stick with it.

Doors take 6x9s, which i know nothing about since i wanted SQ out of my fronts so i went 6.5s.

Now hes opposite me, as long as he can hear it clearly its all good. So im trying to decide 6.5s or 6x9s

Any 6x9 comp kits that would sound good off 40wrms? Looking for decent midbass, withing the limits of low end budget comps

Price range of $50-65 new or good shape from bst

If he doesn't care and you arent doing any deadening go 6x9's they will play lower then if you did a bracket and put a 6.5 comp in there

If he doesn't care and you arent doing any deadening go 6x9's they will play lower then if you did a bracket and put a 6.5 comp in there
Thats what i was just thinking, since its only 40wrms the 6x9s would do better as far as midbass. And i seriously dont think hes going to do anything else to the door. He just wants to jam lol

Now with that being said, member on here has some cadence 2-way comps that retail for about a bill for 60. There 100wrms each side

http://www.amazon.com/Cadence-6x9-Inch-Convertable-Component-Speakers/dp/B000PTZ7NQ

Or should i just get him some kicker coaxial 6x9s 60wrms and call it a day?

Im thinking the comps would sound way better but he only has 40wrms to offer.

Thats what i was just thinking, since its only 40wrms the 6x9s would do better as far as midbass. And i seriously dont think hes going to do anything else to the door. He just wants to jam lol
Now with that being said, member on here has some cadence 2-way comps that retail for about a bill for 60. There 100wrms each side

Amazon.com: Cadence Cvls693 6x9-Inch 3 Way 200 Watts Convertable Component Speakers: Car Electronics

Or should i just get him some kicker coaxial 6x9s 60wrms and call it a day?

Im thinking the comps would sound way better but he only has 40wrms to offer.
I dont think 40 watts a side would be enough to throw at those comps or any comps that I know of, I hate to say it but you might be better off with a coaxial 6x9.

Scored some Boston SC95s in mint shape, reviews said they sounded decent off HU power so 40wrms should be plenty. There only rated for 60 anyways

So one of the BA's woofers was blown. Completely none responsive, but seller refunded fast and told me to keep em. So i guess ima get him a budget pioneer 6.5 comp set and tell him shut up wire it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.