Best choice

Noob93
10+ year member

Im gonna do a install on my cousins single cab truck, hes got a jl slash 500/1, whats his best bet im going to make him a enclosure for the back of his seat, whats his best bet, he gave me $140 today, 2 american bass DX-124, or 2 american bass XO-1244, or one 15 either the XO, or the DX?

he had his mind set with some kicker comps, but i wanna give him the best bang for his buck

his box will be, the bottom base will be 14''X50'', and top base will be 4''X50'' he just wants it to be loud, he's 16 should explain it

Depends on the space you are willing to give up for an enclosure, then choose the sub for that amount of space, and for what that amp will deliver/perform.Bucket seats, or Benched seat,and year/ model of truck/would help quite a bit.

i've measured his space behind his bench seat, its a 88 GMC sierra single cab, for some odd reason theres more clearance at the bottom than i thought it would be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I did an 87 Cheyanne for a cousin of mine couple years ago with his help,brother and father.we did a single enclosure for 4-SVC Kicker C-10s, on an Old school Autotek Mean Machine Hc44,and was very impressive.the amps were placed under the seat/raised off the floor to get air under them, help stay cool,ran an old school Alpine 3555 on the mids and highs with 2sets of kicker 6x9 2 ways in ea door.With that JL, you can run@1.5 ohm specs say

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Four 4 ohm Single Voice Coil (SVC) Speakers vote is for 4-ten inch svc subs in a sealed enclosure @1ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.