Sub/Amp wiring & ohms question

Participant count
  • Participant list

mnboarder
10+ year member

So my current setup is a Kicker ZX500.1 amp (500 rms @ 2 ohms and 250 rms @ 4 ohms) hooked up to a Kicker 12" L5 Solobaric 2 ohms. I had it installed as I'm a novice with car audio installation so I don't really know how it is all setup besides the fact that the amp and sub are at 2 ohms. I'm selling my Kicker because it is too big for trunk space and I'm getting a Pioneer shallow sub that runs 250 rms @ 4 ohms. Can I just plug the two existing wires that would go in my kicker sub into the new pioneer sub despite the ohms difference or does it all have to be rewired?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

two d2 subs can be wired to .5 or 2 or 8 ohms not 1 heres how to wire subs...
To add to that, "high quality" electrical componants come with 2 main benefits. Better tolerances for values like capacitance for capacitors...
Using a Y RCA to split signal from amp to amp to give both amps the signal they need from the HU and subs in different /separate enclosures tuned...
Hahaha his brother got some from a friend. American bass amp and some alpine s 12in subs. From a buddy of his now Eastons chomping at the bit...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...

About this thread

mnboarder

10+ year member
mnboarder
Minneapolis, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from