Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participants list
This has been brought up a lot lately using the search feature will net several results.

Also, you don't have nearly enough information to get help with an enclosure design.

Also, I'm moving this to the tech area for enclosures for you..which is where this needs to be.

im not looking for a design, i just want to info on what size (volume wise) these sub woofers will be best in
That is part of designing. Volume with sealed or ported is largely dependent on space available and desired results.

Also, what size drivers did you even purchase? The 2.0 or 2.5?

im not looking for a design, i just want to info on what size (volume wise) these sub woofers will be best in
That is part of designing. Volume with sealed or ported is largely dependent on space available and desired results.

Also, what size drivers did you even purchase? The 2.0 or 2.5?

2.0's 12's I'll figure out weather I'll go ported or sealed, trunk of a intrepid, i have the whole trunk to use im not planning on using it any time soon for anything other than some sub woofers

You will be fine with 3-4 ft^3 of net volume with moderate port area. These don't need a ton of space to work well.

They do work well sealed too.

You will be fine with 3-4 ft^3 of net volume with moderate port area. These don't need a ton of space to work well.
They do work well sealed too.
if i go with lets say a 4ft^3 enclosure how much port area would you recommend??

if i go with lets say a 4ft^3 enclosure how much port area would you recommend??
Haha, this is EXACTLY why I created that thread. First you want the volume, then you want the port area, next your going to ask about what tuning freq you should use. Please please please use the provided format in the future, I know many people on here take pride in helping with questions so help us help you!

You are going to want to start around 64 square inches. But this will change based on the tuning freq, thus you need to review the videos in that thread so you can see how to get your rear port air velocity! Their is a ton of info there!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.