PoweraAcoustik?

poweras1
10+ year member

I have a 98 chevy astrovan with a sub box for 4 12's and i am wondering if 4 Mofo series would be good with it powered by a gothic series 6000D. Now i have looked at a lot of brands and poweracoustik seems wierd in the price. For 1500 rms most brands would have the price at 400+ but poweracoustik has theirs at 160 or so. Is the rms rating accurate or am i missing something.

For 4 subs 1.5k each and a amplifier would cost me around $850. Has anyone had any experiences with poweracoustik. Any help would be appreciated.

no there RMS rating is not accurate. the 5500 and 6000 models do about 3200 watts @ 1 ohm.

as for there new mofos. they are real cheap. the old model was a decent cheap sub.

but as for the new ones. they are definitely not going to take much more than 500-800 clean watts.

if that is just a sealed box you would be better off going with 2 12's ported and getting subs and amps worth mentioning.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

no there RMS rating is not accurate. the 5500 and 6000 models do about 3200 watts @ 1 ohm.
as for there new mofos. they are real cheap. the old model was a decent cheap sub.

but as for the new ones. they are definitely not going to take much more than 500-800 clean watts.

they don't come close to 3200 on 12v

Yeah man, you have enough room in that van, go ported. 4 12' or 4 15's will do nicely ported in there. For that price, look into Obsidian Audio for subs. They'd be better than what you're looking at.

the older PAs was built very well. the junk the make nowadays is just that! JUNK!!! id look in budget subs that have excellent reviews. sundown,OA,skar,AQ, just to name a few.
exactly what I was thinking.

i owned the old mofo's. they lasted 7 years. they weren't terrible for the price.

Well i am looking for a cheap way to push out maybe 4k watts rms out of 4 12's the box is ported. Cheap as in maybe -1500. I need a system that will last long and is reliable. If i get 4 obsidian 12's d2 they would be giving out 2400 rms conservatively. If i get those then i would need a monoblock D class amp with 2500watts?

Well i am looking for a cheap way to push out maybe 4k watts rms out of 4 12's the box is ported. Cheap as in maybe -1500. I need a system that will last long and is reliable. If i get 4 obsidian 12's d2 they would be giving out 2400 rms conservatively. If i get those then i would need a monoblock D class amp with 2500watts?
what is your electrical on the van?

as in

upgraded alternator?

batteries?

what size wire?

and if you want loud and cheap. why not get 18s.

2 AQ HDC3 18s should be louder than 4 12s on 2400rms

and you can get 2 of those 18s used for about 400 (local pick up) to about 600

subs do not push watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

don't look at the rms of a subwoofer and expect it to be louder just because of that. the obsidians are great subs for a great price and will shit on PA in every aspect. what type of box is it that you have i would start there, a good box will get you much much farther than piling subs in to a bad box.

i have a second battery and a brand new alternator, wiring im not sure but i wiring isnt a problem. I would go 2 18's but i bought this box dirt cheap locally, 4 12's fiberglassed ported and looks nice. I just looked into mtx and nothing was high enough rms without it being 300+.

AQ's hdc312 would be good subs 4 of them with 1000rms each. Now for a amplifier their 3.5watt amplifier is a lot of money are there any alternatives.

i have a second battery and a brand new alternator, wiring im not sure but i wiring isnt a problem. I would go 2 18's but i bought this box dirt cheap locally, 4 12's fiberglassed ported and looks nice. I just looked into mtx and nothing was high enough rms without it being 300+.
Specs on box? Net airspace, tuning

We bought the box, put in my truck, which is in the shop for its air bag suspension. so i cant tell you the specs but its big like it is i think 46 inches across and around 30 wide

I have a 98 chevy astrovan with a sub box for 4 12's and i am wondering if 4 Mofo series would be good with it powered by a gothic series 6000D. Now i have looked at a lot of brands and poweracoustik seems wierd in the price. For 1500 rms most brands would have the price at 400+ but poweracoustik has theirs at 160 or so. Is the rms rating accurate or am i missing something.
For 4 subs 1.5k each and a amplifier would cost me around $850. Has anyone had any experiences with poweracoustik. Any help would be appreciated.
the only 2 power acoustik amps ill use are the BAMF5500d or the A3000db(

meh i had a mofo 15 on a sundown 2000d set dmm to 1500rms and it took it pretty well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

poweras1

10+ year member
poweras1
Rochester, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from