Looking for TINY head unit, radio only. How do I turn on Amps without using rem line?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingcodez

I'm in the process of a car stereo delete. I will remove the single din radio and stick a wood block in there, and then mount my ipad to the block. This will get my floor mounted ipad out of the way of all of my controls and put it in a better location.

I currently don't use the head unit, I have my ipad hooked up to a remote volume control, EQ, and then to the two amps.

I am looking for a super tiny car radio that I can literally tune it to one station and then bury it in my dash board, I plan to use the AUX button on my EQ to switch to this. If I can't do this, can I just extend one of the wires (ignition or something) and mount my big single din unit in the trunk? I am sick of the bright light from this thing.

Also, the radio allows my volume knob, EQ, and amps to turn on. How do I delete the radio but still allow this stuff to turn on? I can wire it to traditional +12v, and then put in a switch to control it all. Could I wire it to an ignition wire, thus turning everything on when the car is 'on'? I don't know how this wire works.

Interesting project. For FM I would suggest the iHeartRadio app for your ipad. As for powering the devices you mentioned yes you can run a switched power wire to them from your ignition. The existing power wire that goes to the HU would be OK for that. The amp remote input and the EQ power would connect to that.

there are several ways to just run a system off an iPAd or other tablet.

a simple toggle switch could act as a turn-on for amps/processors. just remember amps on last and amps off first.

you want to get the 30pin adapter cable that provides both USB for charging and 3.5mm for stereo audio that is volume independent (fixed). you may already have this. i don't recommend using the headphone output due to distortion.

that audio signal would go to something with remote adjustable level. a Bit One would be perfect. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

even JL Cleansweep has a remote volume option.

there are several ways to just run a system off an iPAd or other tablet.
a simple toggle switch could act as a turn-on for amps/processors. just remember amps on last and amps off first.

you want to get the 30pin adapter cable that provides both USB for charging and 3.5mm for stereo audio that is volume independent (fixed). you may already have this. i don't recommend using the headphone output due to distortion.

that audio signal would go to something with remote adjustable level. a Bit One would be perfect. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

even JL Cleansweep has a remote volume option.
What about the 360?

sure, any OEM processor that has it's own volume control would be great for a tablet interface.

I run my iPad through my 9887 aux input.

I have a potential side project that may use an Android tablet in place of a double din - it would be rooted so it could read from an external SSD and ran through a Bit One.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.