S10 Blazer, Box for 2 15's

Participant count
  • Participant list

rta60460
10+ year member

illinois
I just ordered a cpl 15 Re sxx and I am trying to figure out how I should place my box...I figured up specs i needed to using torres calculator and basically i'm making a square that is like 21.25Hx37.25Wx22.5 D i'm using 2 round ports 5" diameter and 7" length so the net volume is 8 cubic foot which is optimal for the subs and the ports make it tuned to 32.84hz and recomended is 34hz....should I face my subs and ports up towards ceiling or should i face subs and ports towards tailgate? there is only gonna like a 6" space between the box and tailgate...or any other ideas or box plans would be greatly appreciated if someone has something better..thanks

can i put the ports towards the bottom facing tailgate? i thought i read somewhere porting on bottom or sides with round ports wasn't good, just askin cuz i'm tryin to leave some flat box space right behind seat to mount a box for 4 6x9's ontop of it....yea I read alot of good reviews on the new sxx and seen some nice videos...I did hear people talking bad about re now to...I tried finding other pairs of 15's for 500 or less shipped but failed so I got these shipped brand new for 500...right now I have 2 12 pioneer pro series and I'm feeding them 1000 watts each and believe it or not they hit hard and sound decent doing it, ppl can't believe they are pioneers when I tell them

anyone know if it's ok to put 2 round 5" ports facing towards tailgate and subs facing up...or would I have to do a slot port to do it that way? I thought i read somewhere you can't use round ports in certain place on box....trying to use round ports to gain a little room..thanks

I would use 2 6" minimum myself, but what are your goals for this setup overall? Do you want it to sound good and get down for daily, or are you interested in putting up numbers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.