4 Boss P156DVC Phantom 15" ported design help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think those 2.5" voice coils would like 1,500 watts for more than a few seconds.

4 of those seem like a real waste to me, you could have gotten 2 decent subs for the same money and been way ahead.

I would look at running a 1,000 watts total (250 each) to them.

The box they recommend seems way to small, they recommend 1.2 cubed ported - I would think 3 cubes each would be much better.

im trying to figure out what dimensions i should use for 4 of these 15s an what amp to get 1,500 rms per sub
500 rms each. so you need 2k rms. soundstream rubicon 2500.1 would fit you bill cheaply. crescendo bc2k. audioque 2200d.

as for a design. look around 10 cubes total maybe 12cubes.

however what vehicle? whats your max dimensions?

Those subs are very over rated. A guy I work with had a pair of those. The coils would get stinky with a 1000 watt rms amplifier. ( massive p1000.1)

IMHO anything over about 350 watts rms per sub is just asking for trouble.

The question isn't whether or not the subs could sound decent.

A talented installer can make some very poor quality subs sound decent, even great, while someone of average skill would end up with something that sounds horrible. Give the same talented installer better equipment and it will sound amazing... Why limit yourself with low quality equipment?

im hearing from people if you hook them up right there a decent sub

You're hearing wrong. They are boss, and they are junk. If you want a cheap crappy sub that will actually work, look into audiopipe. Yes, the Boss subs will make noise. No, it won't sound good. No they won't last. No they won't take that power level. I'd go 500w at the very most. Something like this pile of junk would be much better: AUDIOPIPE TXX-BE15 15" 2000W DVC Car Audio Subwoofer : TXXBE15 : VMInnovations.com

In my opinion though, you'd be much better off saving up $30 or so more, and getting an OA-15. Those will actually sound good, and last, and easily take a clean 1k. Their 15" go for $150 plus shipping. They are really great budget subs. They are able to keep the price low by only using a word-of-mouth advertisement and putting their profits right back into the subwoofers.

you know op honestly boss is like pyle built for looks not performance but I would listen to these guys here put around 2k to all of them and you should be fine

Here is my question...

You have the budget to run 4,500 watt amp and electrical (batteries, wires, alternator) but can only afford Boss Subs?

I think you have no idea what it really takes to run a 4,500 watt sub stage if you did you would not think Boss would be a part of it.

These are the subs OP is talking about running 1,500 watts each to.

p156dvc.jpg

p156dvc.jpg

yea you should have went with 2 decent 15s instead, like audioque sdc2.5 15s 2 of these are about the same cost as all 4 of those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

PIMPSLAPN

10+ year member
PIMPSLAPN
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied