porting through rear deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

frogcase2002
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alright so i built a box for my zcon inside my trunk cause it was to big to be able to slide in , its 4.5 cf tuned to around 31 with port and sub facing the trunk,, i was wanting to know if there would be any down falls to closing the slot port and putting in one or 2 big aero ports toward the back of the top of the box and go up through the rear deck where the 6x9 hole is. im thinking about doing this because ALOT of air is getting out of my trunk and not making it up to the cabin,, and where my back seats fold down its not big enough to have sub and port facing forward and really dont want to have to cut the box out of my trunk, and i would really like to be able to change the tuning for competitions and stuff

I dont see a problem doing this. On your next build, maybe think of doing a 4th order , using the same concept
thats what i have been wanting to do but a couple different designers says there is not enough room in my trunk cause of how much space the sub needs , 15" zcon

if there is any designers around me that thinks they can design a good 4th order for my car i would really like that and pay good,,, i have a 2005 mercury sable,,,,, i can probley fit a good 6 or 7 cf in there cause my box now is 4.5 cf without port and sub displacement and there is a pretty good amount of trunk space left

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.