150db trunk setup

ive never done a trunk setup before, one ones in full size trucks so this is completely new to me. my goal here is to do a 150 on a burp and mid to high 40's on music while maintaining tuning in the mid 30's. is this doable with a solid and clean 3k of power?

this brings me to my next question on the matter. im not 100% what speakers to go with. i obviously know i need to build an excellent enclosure and that wont be a problem but im stuck between attempting this with one excellent speaker or 2 good ones. for the single sub setup i was thinking about either an smd 18, or an hdc418. if i go with dual subs then i really have no idea what i would go with but the ssd 18's look promising. perhaps i could get some input here?

this setup will be going into the trunk of a dodge charger. anyone familiar with these cars will know their is ample room in the trunk (around 16^3ft) i believe to give these speakers room to breathe and the plan is to seal the box from the trunk facing into the cab with aero ports to try and squeeze out whatever extra sound i can. the car will obviously be sound deadened and the electrical will be up to par to support a good 14v for that 3k watts so hopefully voltage drop wont be a problem. this is all assumed in a perfect world tho. just dont want to start spending money on this build till its all set in stone so any input would be helpful.

You didn't mention a budget for your sub(s). Based on your ideas, I'd assume virtually no budget lol. Check out @SPLaudio and get something custom done up, especially if you go with a single sub. Or, DC Level 5, Fi BTL N3? Just throwing ideas out. Sorry, don't have much to add about the rest.

im not trying to spend my life savings, retirement, kids collage fund and mothers retirement home money on my stuff but im willing to dish out a few thousand to get this system right after all. i have no fear of a thousand on the sub(s) because i want something with stellar quality in case i up the power even more and this is also going to be a show car so being flashy and what not is unfortunately part of the game i guess. as far as the amps go, im gettin a great deal on a memphis 4k if i opt to pick that up, otherwise i may have to try my hand at these ap 3000's to see what the hype is about. power may not be 100% clean but its worth a shot in my book. if i dont like it, ill sell it and goto a saz 3500 or similar. so no, budget isnt extremely tight but im trying to keep the subwoofer part of the build right around a few thousand

Currently do a 143-145 on music with stock electrical (1 stock battery, stock alternator, only upgrade is big 3)

Zv215"

Crescendo 3kwp wired to 1ohm (so it's not getting the 3k with stock electrical dropping to like 10.4-11v)

I feel if I upgrade the electrical I could easily up my current best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.