Looking to upgrade from kicker l7 15

Pauly187
10+ year member

Hey guys! I just purchased the zx1500.1 amp today

I currently have a kicker l7 15 that I'm looking to upgrade from simply because its in a 5.5 cube ported box taking up tons of space

Was thinking of getting a re xxx 15 in a 3.5 cube box ported!

Another other recommendations?

Just craving more bass than what my l7 can give me!

ANd its going in a f150 extended cab

Hey guys! I just purchased the zx1500.1 amp todayI currently have a kicker l7 15 that I'm looking to upgrade from simply because its in a 5.5 cube ported box taking up tons of space

Was thinking of getting a re xxx 15 in a 3.5 cube box ported!

Another other recommendations?

Just craving more bass than what my l7 can give me!

ANd its going in a f150 extended cab
People bash em on sq, but if all you're looking for is louder bass... The l7 is tough to beat. Maybe a move to two twelves would be more in order. More cone area than a standard 15 (don't know how the area would stack against the kicker) and you can use a 4 cube box. Maybe 3 tens for a 3.5 cube box...

No more than 600 for a sub

Really wanted to stick with 1 15!

Wouldn't 2 12 l7 be choking in a 4 cube box? 2 cubes per chamber?

Yes the l7 is crazy loud but was hoping to get even louder and deeper with the re xxx in a smaller box 3.5 cubes as to comparasion with the kicker six cube box which takes up a lot of room!

I have looked at sundown nightshade v2 15 but I think it requires a lot of box? Doesn't it and a lot more power than a zx1500 can give

No more than 600 for a subReally wanted to stick with 1 15!

Yes the l7 is crazy loud but was hoping to get even louder and deeper with the re xxx in a smaller box 3.5 cubes as to comparasion with the kicker six cube box which takes up a lot of room!

I have looked at sundown nightshade v2 15 but I think it requires a lot of box? Doesn't it and a lot more power than a zx1500 can give
I want suggesting more kickers, lol...

And I've heard of nightshades getting plenty loud on 1500.

No more than 600 for a subReally wanted to stick with 1 15!

Looking at the specs, the boxes look to be pretty similar in size. The Nightshade would do ok on your amp, but you would most likely want to upgrade to a bigger one when you have the money.

Ok this upgrade is happing for two reason box size and wanting more bassSo would ether of these two subs be a significant jump in bass?
I just upgraded from Alpine Type R's to Incriminator. I have to be honest, the Type Rs could shake my car more than the LIs I just put in. Now, with that being said, the LIs are CLEANER and all around amazing quality subs.

Your goal seems to be SPL over SQ...

I don't see you significantly jumping in bass, no...

I just upgraded from Alpine Type R's to Incriminator. I have to be honest, the Type Rs could shake my car more than the LIs I just put in. Now, with that being said, the LIs are CLEANER and all around amazing quality subs.
Your goal seems to be SPL over SQ...

I don't see you significantly jumping in bass, no...
Then your doing somethin wrong ... Ia walks on type rs .. Herd plenty of both

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.