Crown xls 2500

if anyone ever questions these amps DO NOT HEISATE. just got a xls 2500 and 2 jbl jrx 115s for 420$ amp is AMAZING!@! just had to put that out there lol 8 ohm bridge it just about poped my tc9 15
I am about to get one myself. I was hesitating. Now I'm gonna go ahead and buy it.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Good to know..I was looking at those or the Behringer EP4000.
Everyone I've talked to has pretty much said that the Crown XLS is the better amp over the Behringer EP's

i havent used any other xls but the amp does more than rated and the crossover section allows you to use car subwoofers. you just need to drop the lp all the way down and have it in crossover mode. i got a smokin deal on it dont hesitate!

if anyone ever questions these amps DO NOT HEISATE. just got a xls 2500 and 2 jbl jrx 115s for 420$ amp is AMAZING!@! just had to put that out there lol 8 ohm bridge it just about poped my tc9 15
crown is good stuff but ive been using behringer for my pro audio needs since i started playing instruments and its **** hard to beat behringer, older stuff even better but they havnt cheaped out yet. both are good but ive had better experience with behringer. the 4500h with the 4x10 cab was my favorite semi portable home/pro audio bass set up ever.

for me i prefer something that lets me pop my guitar/bass into it and gives me the same control set up as any guitar amp. thats just me though, totally different style than what youre looking at but musicians know what im talkong about, its so easy to hook up auxiliary to one and play it and tune it but its a pain in the *** to adjust a stereo for instruments

didnt bash behringer that was my second choice honestly but i hear ya. i just love the built in crossover and ive beat the **** outta this amp and its yet to not amaze me haha. about to get a dc xl 15 wired at 4 ohm bridged on my xls 2500 and use the jbl jrx 115s on my xls 1000 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

didnt bash behringer that was my second choice honestly but i hear ya. i just love the built in crossover and ive beat the **** outta this amp and its yet to not amaze me haha. about to get a dc xl 15 wired at 4 ohm bridged on my xls 2500 and use the jbl jrx 115s on my xls 1000 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i know you didnt lol

lmk how it goes. mine flippin pounds might get a dc xl 15 or a re mt 18 to put on it tlined //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just have a good output. no ipod bs the strong there signal you put to it the more power itll put out.
^^This^^!!

princ3cmo: No offense intended, but I doubt the preouts from that Denon would put out enough signal voltage. I tried going straight out of several Onkyo's, Pioneer's, Marantz receivers to drive my XLS2000, XTi1000, Samson S1000, Audio Centron RMA-800 amps and it never worked well. You'll probably have to pre-amp/line-drive the signal cuz you'll only be getting about half of the amp's output otherwise with no headroom at all.

A great, inexpensive option is to use a DJ type mixer with clean gains. This $250-ish Numark is $99 at GC and will be $79 Black Friday. iPod dock, lots of inputs, digital effects, cross-fade mixing, and yeah, tons of clean gain.

Numark iM9 4-Channel DJ Mixer for iPod | GuitarCenter

I've been using one as a hub for about 6 months to feed the Crowns and Samson. The XLS2000 is powering 3 JL 18W6's runnin IB and shaking the phuk out of the house...with NO BOX!!!

IMG_0834.jpg

Because of Crown's excellent onboard programming options, you won't need an upstream crossover, time-alignment, etc.

GL Bro!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.