Audible difference between SA-12 and L7?

akillj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
If the kicker were in the factory box, ( VS12L7 ) and the SA-12 was in a 32hz tuned ported box, what would the audible difference be? Loudness? SQ? Frequency response? SPL?

I'd like to just pick up the L7 in the factory box and throw it in and call it done (For simplicity). But I want to know the audible difference between the L7 in the kicker box vs the SA-12 in a box. I seem to be stuck between the two subwoofers.

If the kicker were in the factory box, ( VS12L7 ) and the SA-12 was in a 32hz tuned ported box, what would the audible difference be? Loudness? SQ? Frequency response? SPL?
I'd like to just pick up the L7 in the factory box and throw it in and call it done (For simplicity). But I want to know the audible difference between the L7 in the kicker box vs the SA-12 in a box. I seem to be stuck between the two subwoofers.
plz refer to the millions of threads based on the same question

Hardly any of that can be answered with the limited detail you gave us. How big is the enclosure for the sa-12? The sa-12 will be the better sub and should sound better too. Those kicker boxes arnt that great so id go with the sa. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I did look for other threads. But none went into detail of why they're "bad" subwoofers. I read a lot of them being "Garbage" but nobody really explained why. Which is why I was curious and asked a question on here.

they are over priced overrated cant handle power to expensive to recone...sound like *** ..where do u want me to stop ...quit listening to tha brothas on the streets thay rep kicker for life

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

ive ran pleny of sa.s and love em but if i were buying sub new i would buy the ab xfl hands down

I did look for other threads. But none went into detail of why they're "bad" subwoofers. I read a lot of them being "Garbage" but nobody really explained why. Which is why I was curious and asked a question on here.
its real simple. buying the kicker you pay top dollar for a woofer + box but you don't get top dollar performance.

The L7 isnt necessarily a bad woofer, the general consensus is that it gets pretty loud for what it is, but doesnt sound great doing it, especially with that kicker box

Now why would you want to spend more money for a lesser woofer + box? It's your money, you decide what to do with it at the end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.