all components shut off

06Sentra
10+ year member

Brooklyn
About a week ago i took out the midbass amp to send it back to jbl so they can send me a new one, today I put in the midbass amps and everything was good, it played and there was no more pop from the door speakers, while I was driving and listening to it everything shut off, all the amps, crossovers, and the 2xs, nothing had power, no fuses blew, so I drove to school and when I was leaving everything turned on and I was listening to it for about 5 min and then again everything shut off.

are you running a relay off with ur remote wire? you should with 3 or more things because they are between .5-1v output...
no im not, but i didnt have any fuses on the remote with the old amp and i never had this problem, the amp i sent back was a gto 752 and the new amp they sent me is a gto 504ez cause they didnt have any of the 752, and guy was i was taking to at jbl said i can bridge the 504 for a a little more power, maybe i should unbridge it and see if it happens?

amp in protect? bad rcas? bad ground?
nothing goes into protect everything loses power and i didnt have this problem with the first amp,the amp i sent back was a gto 752 and the new amp they sent me is a gto 504ez cause they didnt have any of the 752, and guy was i was taking to at jbl said i can bridge the 504 for a a little more power, maybe i should unbridge it and see if it happens?

i will have one put it, why wasnt this happening before i put in the new amp and how come after everything looses power nothing will turn on until hours later and how come if the remote turn on its giving enough voltage for the components to stay on how does it have enough power to turn everything on and keep them on for 5 mintues of playing music?

Last edited by a moderator:
i did explain, if you need me to send you ones with a fuseholder attached i can ship you one $13 shipped cause im in ny. that will include all terminals,fuseholder,fuse,relay. this is me charging nothing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.