Sign in to follow this  
Demon73

2 Subs 1 chamber or 2?

I have 2 jl 12w3s. Jl s specs are 1.75 cubic ft. per sub. Tuned to 30 to 35 hz. My question is would they sound better in one box together built to 3.5 cubic ft. With the same tune? Looking to get best low end I can?

same port is better and easier

2008 Silverado crew cab

dash - Pioneer avh-p3200

Front & rear - sq pa mids and tweets

Amps - 2 dd m2a straped

Subs - 4 15" dd 2515

box- pwk 4th order blowthru

from what i've read, it's better to put them in separate chambers. that way, they won't cancel each other out. also, i don't think an amp can put out the same exact power to both subs so being in different chambers should work better. another reason is that if one sub blows, i think that the other would have a better chance of blowing if they're in one chamber. idk, i'd wait for others to chime in but that's my .02

It kind of depends if you are supplying a mono signal to the sub amplifier. If you are supplying a summed signal, than it would be ok to have them in one compartment. If supplying them a left/right signal, where each sub would be running off a separate signal then you will want to have separate enclosures.

single chamber.

REFS:

Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)

sorry man but ford will always be a ford. ford is the sony xplod of cars and trucks. you had bad experiences with chevy because your a ford guy. its what seperates the men from the boys. friend billy use to drive a ford. he drives a chevy now. they call him billy no more. hes known as bill now..

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this