Review of Subwoofer :

1st off pics
Picture010.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture-1.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Initial impression.

Excellent build quality. Nice magnet structure. Spiders were not as stiff as I was expecting. But I was glad due to the horror stories I heard about the spider recalls.

The only complaint I have is the direct leads. I was expecting 10 gauge leads. These have 10 gauge casing but the wire is more 12 gauge

Initial install and the amp gain set to 34.64v/ac or 1200 watts at 1ohm. They are definitely underrated. They are barely moving.

Even at the 1200 watts they are at I am able to get a lil windshield flex.

Overall, so far i am happy with the purchase.

This enclosure is 1.5^cu.ft net, tuned to 35hz.

1 week later:

Okay just gave my first demo today. A friend of mine has two kicker comp 12's in his trailblazer running off a Kicker 750. I didn't tell him what I had in my car. Also, keep in mind, I have not adjusted my gain from min. My dmm shows at minimum I am sitting a 34v/ac which is about 1156 watts. During the demo he kept saying wow its louder and cleaner than mine. Then I took him back and showed him what was in the hatch. His first question was "What are those?" and I told him two lil Cadence 8's. His next question was "Why are they so much louder than mine?", I didn't even have the heart to tell him.

They are starting to break in a little. I have been wanting to make a video but its been snowing here in Minot, ND. Later this week is supposed to be nice. So hopefully I will have a vid up. And I may turn these up a little quicker than I had intended. They seem to be settling in quite nice.

Today 10/31/2012:
okay, just turned my amp up to 44.4v/ac or roughly 1971 watts @ 1ohm. I gotta say, these are getting more and more impressive. I was scared that throwing that many watts t them might cause them to start bottoming out. But they are taking it like a champ. They got louder, but stayed perfectly clean. Granted that has alot to do with the enclosure. @double 07 ;

So right now I gotta say, if you are looking at these subs, I think they are worth the money. Longevity, we will see. I am gonna keep them at this wattage and beat the **** out of them. So only time will tell.

oh and before I get the question, why 44.4vac/ 1971 watts. I was doing this outside, colder than hell. The amp gain kept jumping from 44.4 to 44.8, so I stuck with the 44.4.

i thought these required at minimum 1.0 cubes each?
They are actually recommended in 1.5^cu.ft net per sub. I did not have that airspace. I could not see them handling more than rated in that enclosure.

well that would answer why they took the power they did.. not to mention he is assuming the subs are actually seeing that power
And you are right. I have NOT clamped yet to see exact power. I am only going off DMM settings right now at this time.

They are actually recommended in 1.5^cu.ft net per sub. I did not have that airspace. I could not see them handling more than rated in that enclosure.

And you are right. I have NOT clamped yet to see exact power. I am only going off DMM settings right now at this time.
I would guess rise to be to 1.5-2 so about 3/4-1/2 that power.

I would guess rise to be to 1.5-2 so about 3/4-1/2 that power.
Well the Rubicon 2500 has been clamped at 2k at .5 ohm with rise to 2ohm. I will clamp it this summer. Too damned cold right now. Either way, I am more than happy with their performance. Actually considering getting two more and running my 2500 at .5ohm.

Well the Rubicon 2500 has been clamped at 2k at .5 ohm with rise to 2ohm. I will clamp it this summer. Too damned cold right now. Either way, I am more than happy with their performance. Actually considering getting two more and running my 2500 at .5ohm.
ya I have 4 of the SA-8s at .5 on a saz3k.. love em. Not as loud as I would like but still good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

AnthonyO

10+ year member
Budget Banger Connoisseur
AnthonyO
Minot, North Dakota, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies