So is it cool now

I'm talking cheap pa. People around here have never really done this. I get it if you have a 155 sub stage. I'm talking the doors are overrunning everything by a lot

I'm talking cheap pa. People around here have never really done this. I get it if you have a 155 sub stage. I'm talking the doors are overrunning everything by a lot
Loud for loud's sake in that case I guess. Somebody brought it up earlier in another thread, the new thing in my area is horns under the hood so errbody can hear the highs. I dunno...

thats old news in my neck of the hood
Yeah I suppose they've been doing it here for a while too.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

guy by me had like 3 8" PA mids in his doors, my old 6'5 diamond audio hex s600s set + 2 vifa tweets was louder and wayy clearer. PA = meh.
He was doing something wrong lol.

i actually ran into a guy who has some tweeters behind his front grill that were loud as sh1t i never actually heard bout ppl doin that till then i was pretty suprised

Is it cool to have stupid, retardedly, distorted PA doors now? Has our beloved hobby turned into who can make the most noise no matter what it sounds like?
Discuss.
No, it's cool to have stupidly loud and good sounding PA stuff in your doors. And it's the only thing that keeps up VERY loud bass.

Although I will agree that 99% of the PA stuff I've heard sounds like total ***, but I run it in the daily, wife's ride, and the demo set up and have NEVER had a person say it sounds bad in any way.

guy by me had like 3 8" PA mids in his doors, my old 6'5 diamond audio hex s600s set + 2 vifa tweets was louder and wayy clearer. PA = meh.
x2 he either had very crappy mids or had it set up wrong. I'd go with the latter as most people have no idea how to set up xovers/slopes and power them properly.

Anytime you want to hear a real PA set up let me know as I do several shows in WI each year...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date