Soundstream Rubicon 2500.1d

Participant count
  • Participant list

AnthonyO
10+ year member

Budget Banger Connoisseur
Was adjusting my gain this morning using a dmm. Now keep in mind I have a Pioneer DEH-80PRS headunit. Had my volume set to 47, eq set to flat, and had a 40hz note set on pause. Went back and set my amp gain to 0, sonic filter off, sub filter all the way up, and no boost. Put my dmm to V/ac and have it red to positive and black to negative speaker outputs. As soon and I unpaused the music I was at 34v/ac for about 1156 watts. Now I wanted to set for 1200 watts or 34.64v/ac. Hardly any gain adjustment. I was just surprised. Has anyone else used a dmm to adjust this particular amp???

I tried both. .2-2v is where its set. If I turned it to high side at full gain I was only reading 15v/ac

I see that the preamp voltage on the pioneer 80prs is 5v.

I gotta go play with the headunit now. There has to be a subwoofer setting I am missing

I guess I am just gonna have to adjust this by ear. I just went out and played with it and on the 2.0-8v setting at full gain I was just hitting 34v/ac

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

That sounds about right.
What do you mean by that. That the settings on the amp the way I initially had it sounds right??? So I should keep the setting to .2-2v?

I guess I am just gonna have to adjust this by ear. I just went out and played with it and on the 2.0-8v setting at full gain I was just hitting 34v/ac 

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

What do you mean by that. That the settings on the amp the way I initially had it sounds right??? So I should keep the setting to .2-2v?
If it's giving you the power you were looking for I wouldn't touch it.

I am running two 12" ab xfl's on my Soundstream Rubicon 2500.1 and have the same issue as you my dude! lol I set my gain to 50, but im hardly getting any output. Iv been looking for an answer all week. It just doesnt seem possible that i could really be running 2500 rms !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.