Hifonics Amp Kill Switch

So i have seen a couple people put a kill switch on their amps and today i chose to do the same. I know it can be bad for the amp and all that but whatever. I was told that you put the switch through your remote wire between the head unit and amp. I purchased a regular toggle switch from my local electronics store and cut my remote wire and attached them to each end of the switch. When i turned it all back on my amp wouldnt turn on. No matter what position the switch was in it didnt work! What the hell happened? Any advice or instruction is greatly appreciated.

I need this because even with the bass knob all the way down my L7 still cranks. I need to be able to shut it off if the cops roll up. I have no idea what kind of kil switch it is. It has the toggle with two wire leads coming out of it.

How would it be bad for an amp? That makes no sense as the toggle is doing the same thing as turning on the HU assuming that's where you get the REM signal from.

Either a faulty switch or a bad connection. Remove the switch and touch the wires together to verify amp powers up....

I need this because even with the bass knob all the way down my L7 still cranks. I need to be able to shut it off if the cops roll up. I have no idea what kind of kil switch it is. It has the toggle with two wire leads coming out of it.
Wait, when did bass become illegal?

Make sure your radio is on when you are toggling it. I got a cheapo $4 switch from radioshack and it worked well. Make sure you dont ground the switch

I run all my amps from a toggle patch panel I made from 1/8" abs plastic. I got 3 different colored lighted toggles and just ran the remote outta the hu to a spdt relay to the toggles, and home run from each amp. I like it for testing/troubleshootin and cuz I had an open space where my foglights used to be.. Never ran into any problems.. I was kindof a pain in the *** having 3 wires off each gets crowded (remote in/out/grnd for illum), but It works like a charm.

i wish i was loud enough to need a switch.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.