What sub to get? $200 budget

akillj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
I'm looking for a sub to get, with a budget of $200 (This includes the enclosure)

I was thinking of sealing up a Type R 12, and getting a box from Dave The Box Guy.

I don't have the time or tools to build my own, I feel his boxes should be good enough.

Or I could get a Kicker VS12L3 (Kicker's L3 in their ported box). I'm looking to hit the low notes well, while still getting decently loud. Suggestions?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was going to get a Value Series box, the sealed one though. Would that be okay for the Type R? I heard the type R doesn't like to be sealed. What does this mean?

Lol I use it on my Gravatar account, apparently this site uses Gravatar so it carried over. Thanks for the advice though.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was going to get a Value Series box, the sealed one though. Would that be okay for the Type R? I heard the type R doesn't like to be sealed. What does this mean?
Where in ca u located?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.