Amp Issues. Alpine mrd m1005

Participant count
  • Participants list

dunerider650
10+ year member

So i went ahead and set my gain by ear like i always do. My issue is with this amp that i just got is that when i set it correctly the bass is WAYY to low. Its powering a 12" alpine type X dual 4 Ohm sub. My voltage stays constant at around 13.5 to 14.5V. My pre-outs on my deck are 2.5volt. But i have to have the amp at 0.3 volts 0.1 being max. No clipping issues or sound issues that i can hear...it sounds killer but its bugging me that i have to have her at 0.3V to get the right amount of sound out of her. EQ is FLAT all bass boost is off and my lpf is around 75hz. Help guys? any tips would be greatly appreciated i am NEW to this but its not my first system. Ground wires all grounded to frame all 4GA cable...ground cable is about a foot long. Could my rdy rod terminals through box be holding some current back???

Another thing....on some songs the bass sounds amazing an on others the bass seems like it should be louder....and it makes a terrible sound maybe clipping...ive never heard clipping first hand so im unsure but i figure its to little of sound to be clipping??? I thought i had it sounding good as my first post but i do not.

Redid it all with a dmm...turned out good got a constant of 42 volts which is almost perfect for 1000rms with a 60 hz tone. If anyone could chime in about my box to see if its good or not...would be appreciated. internal net volume is 2.163 the port is a slot port and when it comes into the equation my volume turns into 1.938...as to why it gets lower im not sure. The port measures as follows W=13.5" H=2.5" D=11.5" Comes out to a volume of 388.125 Inches 3 seems weird???? What would this box be tuned to????? Help please guys. Too much info for me to piece together without knowing more about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.