Pair of SA8 v2's or pair of DD1508's

Pair of SA8 v2's or Pair of DD1508's

• Pair of SA8 v2

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Pair of DD1508's

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Run off an AB VFL80.1 more then likely or AQ1200D...havent decided
The sa v2's would be new and the 1508's would be used with CF caps...
the subs are very different all together. It would depend on your design goals. The sa is designed for a ported application. The DD appears to be designed more towards a sealed application, with a glance at the specs. The build quality of the SA is without a doubt a win. I would do the SA8/AQ combo (unless you could do a VFL100.1)

It will be ported and more then likely built by a member on here...Subs and amps more then likely purchased from a member here as well...

As for the amp the 100.1 is 15" long and there is just no way I can do it without it sticking out from under the seat too much. Hell I screwed up my measurements with my KS300.2 I thought that was 13" but its only 11.25" and the rca's stick out just a tad...

BTW nearly all I have read says the Complete opposite of the DD's...

It will be ported and more then likely built by a member on here...Subs and amps more then likely purchased from a member here as well...
As for the amp the 100.1 is 15" long and there is just no way I can do it without it sticking out from under the seat too much. Hell I screwed up my measurements with my KS300.2 I thought that was 13" but its only 11.25" and the rca's stick out just a tad...

BTW nearly all I have read says the Complete opposite of the DD's...
could be they just like a little bigger box, IDK, I have not fooled with the DD1508, which is why I was cautious in wording my previous post....don't get me wrong though, if you can get the used DD's cheap enough to flip for a profit, go for it..

and yeah, I know about the rca thing..lol..my kids have stepped on one or two, breaking off the rca in the amp....***** when that happens.

I have been thinking about putting the amp on the box itself then I really dont have to worry about the size of the amp but can it go there? Also how easy would it be to unhook incase I needed to use the space?

I have been thinking about putting the amp on the box itself then I really dont have to worry about the size of the amp but can it go there? Also how easy would it be to unhook incase I needed to use the space?
You do not want to mount the amp to something prone to excessive vibrations...there have been many amps fail from being mounted to a sub box....a big gamble.

You do not want to mount the amp to something prone to excessive vibrations...there have been many amps fail from being mounted to a sub box....a big gamble.
Yeah I read that but still have to ask lol...

id have to say the sundowns build quality is definetly better then the dd1508, i have a 1508, sa8v1, and sa8v2. all very solid woofers tho.
on this i'd say you are wrong ,the dd woofers are very solid and i've seen them take more than 1000 rms each.only cosmetic difference is the sa has a cast basket where the dd is a steel stamped.but the dd's are direct leads too.the dd's love ported boxes way more than sealed also ,tuning for both subs should be at 34-35 hertz tho.the dd subs will be louder in the end .

[quote name='mylows10']on this i'd say you are wrong ,the dd woofers are very solid and i've seen them take more than 1000 rms each.only cosmetic difference is the sa has a cast basket where the dd is a steel stamped.but the dd's are direct leads too.the dd's love ported boxes way more than sealed also ,tuning for both subs should be at 34-35 hertz tho.the dd subs will be louder in the end .[/QUOTE]
cosmetics?..you never see the frames if they are in the box in most cases..I don't know about @Firebird 1991; , but I was talking about stitched surrounds, more paper and no carbon fiber for more natural sound, double leads, cast basket for better heat dissipation vs steel...as far as SPL competition and the DD's playing louder, or whatever, I dunno, that prolly has more to do with box design, but for the $ and the abuse they will take( i hear the 8v2's like 1000w too), not to mention a warranty...New SA 8v2's all day

...........and why are you selling your DD 8's with CF caps and running SA 8's again?

i dont like the company personally, and the way they run it .i was a dealer for them for 4 years.just wanted to try the sa subs , but now i'm the cali rep for b2 so i may end going that way when all said and done

[quote name='quackhead']cosmetics?..you never see the frames if they are in the box in most cases..I don't know about @Firebird 1991; , but I was talking about stitched surrounds, more paper and no carbon fiber for more natural sound, double leads, cast basket for better heat dissipation vs steel...as far as SPL competition and the DD's playing louder, or whatever, I dunno, that prolly has more to do with box design, but for the $ and the abuse they will take( i hear the 8v2's like 1000w too), not to mention a warranty...New SA 8v2's all day

...........and why are you selling your DD 8's with CF caps and running SA 8's again?[/QUOTE]

and warranty on subs covers workmanship and material only ,not burnt coils.

The SA-8 v.2 will dominate on the very bottom-end in stock form -- no question at all. That was the design goal and it achieves it wonderfully with proven Klippel verified results.

In stock form the 1508 would probably give you more up higher due to it's design.

We offer custom made SA-8 v.2s if you prefer a more top-end strong response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...