2 w7

Participant count
  • Participants list

Daddy_
10+ year member

I needed some help on a box design as well as how many cubic feet will sound on 2 12" W7. JL Audio recommends 1.75 cubic feet so 3.5 for two. After displacement of 0.28 cubic feet total the box will be 3.22 cubic feet. I was thinking of going a little bit bigger and doing a 4.3cubic feet and after displacement it will be 4.02 cubic feet. Also what would you recommend the box be tuned to? I was thinking 34-35 hertz but I am not sure. Please let me know on how big or small I need the box as well as what it should be tuned to.

i can toss a design together for you. what kind of music do you listen to? what amp will you be running? and what is the max space you want to give up?

Matt

Rap music. Amp will be a Rockford Fosgate T1500BDCP. Its a 2012 Lexus IS 350 RWD. Sorry I don't know how to measure the trunk properly. But how much cubic feet would you give 2 W7s and what will be the tuning from your experience?

id say a 5 cube box tuned to ~33hz would be good. smaller than that and you start to loose output at tuning. go bigger than 5 cubes and you gain a larger peak around tuning. i just did a quick WinISD plot with T/S specs from JLs website. im sure someone else can give a better example. the thing about the W7 is it can play the lows with some serious authority. tuning lower may infact work better for what you want.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Daddy_

10+ year member
Daddy_
Vancouver, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from