DD 9518 Info

Participant count
  • Participant list

skrilla22
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Getting my first DD sub soon, as well as my first 18 incher. Just looking to hear some opinions on enclosure size/port size/tuning.

Will be powered by an AB VFL 150.1 in the back of a Ford Explorer, so you have some room to work with. What's the best 5-7 cubes tuned to 32 or is that too low? How much port area?

Tried searching but I didn't come up with much, thanks in advance for your opinion!

I've done several of them for daily: 6 cubes net, 96^2 port area, and tuned 35-36Hz. If that amp is only 1500watts you could go bigger, 6.5 - 7cubes net and do 16^2 port per cube.

Base tuning on the music you'll mostly listen to. I've never tuned AQ/DD subs below 34Hz as they'll play into the upper 20's no problem at that tuning

I've done several of them for daily: 6 cubes net, 96^2 port area, and tuned 35-36Hz. If that amp is only 1500watts you could go bigger, 6.5 - 7cubes net and do 16^2 port per cube.
Base tuning on the music you'll mostly listen to. I've never tuned AQ/DD subs below 34Hz as they'll play into the upper 20's no problem at that tuning
The ab vfl 150.1 is rated at 2900rms ..but wont do so unless ur running .5 with strong electrical ..safe to say around 2200 to 2500

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.