No dash lights

Demon73
10+ year member

I just installed an after market headunit in athe 2000 Mazda Mpv with a wire harness adapter. No brainer it plugged right onto stock harness it is labled so that you know what wires go where. Stereo works great but I now have no dash lights. The turn signals, low fule lights work but no lights on my speedo or tach. I have checked all wiring and fuses under the hood and under the dash. Any suggestions will help thanks!

I disconnected the orange wire. And still no dash lights. Orange and white is not connected. So I pulled out the new radio and slid thw old one in. Hooked everything up and still no lights. So put new one back in ans checked all fuses I could find. Under dash driver side and under hood driver side. Also pulled out interment panel and checked lights they are all good but found that there is no power where the light goes. Please anyone got any more ideas. Thanks!

I disconnected the orange wire. And still no dash lights. Orange and white is not connected. So I pulled out the new radio and slid thw old one in. Hooked everything up and still no lights. So put new one back in ans checked all fuses I could find. Under dash driver side and under hood driver side. Also pulled out interment panel and checked lights they are all good but found that there is no power where the light goes. Please anyone got any more ideas. Thanks!
Something could have shorted, id take it to an auto shop to see what they could think.

I just installed an after market headunit in athe 2000 Mazda Mpv with a wire harness adapter. No brainer it plugged right onto stock harness it is labled so that you know what wires go where. Stereo works great but I now have no dash lights. The turn signals, low fule lights work but no lights on my speedo or tach. I have checked all wiring and fuses under the hood and under the dash. Any suggestions will help thanks!
^^^

check your illumination fuse. thats why i dont connect illumination wires anymore. even though they are color coded, i went through hell when i connected a single din on a honda accord. and btw, your tail lights might not be working as well

Thanks for the info. It's a 2000 Mazda mpv and tail lights do still work. The only thing thay I've found so far are the illumination lights for the dash. Any one know where i might find the fuseable link that might have been fried by not disconnecting the batt. At insulation time.

I was checking the ground wire conection and ended up pulling out the interment panel. I was pulling out lights and checking for voltage. I found that there was voltage 10.75 volts on both sides of the connecting point where you install the buld. There was no voltage with the light switch off. So what happened to the ground side of the connecting point. Any ideas? I was looking online an pull up some diagrams it looks like I might have done something to the TNS relay? Anyone know anything about this?

Found quick fix. But now the check engine light is on. I grounded one of the lights in the instrument cluster and have lights now! But it caused the check engine light to come on and stays on even after disconecting the ground jumper. Any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Demon73

10+ year member
Demon73
Sacramento,CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from