SSL 3000 Watt 1 ohm stable ClassD Monoblock

I got two type r 12s. i need like 1200 watts. at one ohm i think this amp would push at least that. that is all i need. and the price is right
No it want do 1200 even if struck by lightning..... Its a flat out POS... If ur own a budget thats cool but if you get that amp you will be sry.

ok well im using a Memphis PR500.1 Class D Mono Block. it kicks *** but not enough for my new type rs. so i need more like 2 of em. im also needing something one ohm stable

ok well im using a Memphis PR500.1 Class D Mono Block. it kicks *** but not enough for my new type rs. so i need more like 2 of em. im also needing something one ohm stable
go look up the audiopipe apsm line if your budget is low.

ok im looking at hifonics. i think i will go with them. i just need something that isnt going to blow up in a few months because its at 1 ohm. my buddy had the same setup as me and had a hifonics hfi 2000 d and it was very loud.

First let me say - I'm not a Boss/SSL fan at all. I'd only buy an amp of this level for experimentation or a 2nd car.

I think it's a big ol' load of stupid when people take turns bashing on an amp simply based on terrible ratings.

So the amp has terrible ratings. The industry has clearly decided that's a perfectly acceptable way to sell amps. It's up to the buyer to know that - or not know it and not care.

95% of the budget amps have terrible ratings.

Outside of the terrible ratings - is it a terrible amp? Probably not.

It's the same as the Boss AR3000d which is $130. Probably puts out 600-700w.

Not a terrible power/$ ratio by any standards.

People just have to understand COST vs PWR RATINGS vs REALITY.

POWER isn't free, and a LOT of it isn't cheap.

If you want 700w cheap, the SSL or Boss might be worth a shot, but coming from a Memphis 500 you probably need to up the budget a little bit if you want a true upgrade in power and/or quality.

If he has a car built in the last 20 yrs...Probably.

You wouldn't be able to crank out 0db test tones at stated 14v power, but a 1000-1500w system will perform just fine playing music on an average stock electrical system.

Although a burnt up alt every couple years can be expected.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.