Rockford Alpine or Kicker?

KJLiberty
10+ year member

Im trying to decide which subs I should get next.

The three im trying to decide between are (all 10")

1. Rockford P3-10D2

2. Alpine SWS-10d2

3. Kicker CVR d2

I want a good balance between spl and sql as theyre just for street thumping. Ill run them in a ported box. I essentially want the louder and better quality one.

thanks

I have a Kicker CVT10 in my truck because of the mounting depth restrictions and it sounds pretty good for a single 10" with a very small sealed enclosure.

I can't comment on the others your considering but Kicker seems to be a decent product although I'm sure there is way higher end stuff than that for way more $.

sundown audio e-10 dual 2 they are on sale right now for like 85 dollars or something? will out perform all of the subs you listed

I have a Kicker CVT10 in my truck because of the mounting depth restrictions and it sounds pretty good for a single 10" with a very small sealed enclosure.
I can't comment on the others your considering but Kicker seems to be a decent product although I'm sure there is way higher end stuff than that for way more $.
Much better can be had for less, not way more.

Sundown E series for example.

edit:as @itsblown suggested,

I'm putting them in my jeep liberty. I want to put them in ported box I have now. It's 1.25 cubes per chamber. I'm trying run 1000w rms. 1200 if I have to. I'm only gonna do big three. And then as for the amp ill get a mb quart onyx 1500.1 or hifonics Brutus 1700.1. And run at 2 ohms.

sundown audio e-10 dual 2 they are on sale right now for like 85 dollars or something? will out perform all of the subs you listed
What about even sd2 or sa for that matter. How much of a difference are they? Could they be run at 1000rms?

the sa can as long as you go easy on the gains and keep the power clean
ok. since they call the sd2 the same thing just with less mount depth could it take it? and would i be ok even putting two E's on 500 each even though theyre rated for 400 each. id do this at 2 ohms.

ok. since they call the sd2 the same thing just with less mount depth could it take it? and would i be ok even putting two E's on 500 each even though theyre rated for 400 each. id do this at 2 ohms.
nobody called it the same thing it's no where close

and yes the e's will take 500

yes the e's will take an extra 100 watts rms lol, only reason I didnt recomend the sa-12s is because they are more expensive then the woofers you listed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.