My SK-1500.1 is junk

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
Last time im buying Skar amplifiers. Only put out 750watts @ .7 ohm and is starting to randomly jump into protect mode again AFTER being repaired.

Skar amplifiers are complete junk and i advise anybody against buying them

EDIT 10/13:

A cut in the speaker wire may or may not have attributed to this. It has stopped going into protect and running solid once again. My apologies to Skar for the butthurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Who did the repair
Steve from Amp medics as per Skars recommendation

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

any proof thats its only putting out that power? kinda curious
Used a fluke clamp, 15.3 amps @ 49 volts

49 volts divided by 15.3 amps = rise to 3.2 ohms...........So you are getting 750 watts @ 3.2 ohms out of an amp rated at 500 watts @ 4 ohms........Other than the protection thing it sounds like its Under rated just a tad.........

49 volts divided by 15.3 amps = rise to 3.2 ohms...........So you are getting 750 watts @ 3.2 ohms out of an amp rated at 500 watts @ 4 ohms........Other than the protection thing it sounds like its Under rated just a tad.........
My old audiopipe pushed out more power on the same rise. An amp should not be going into protection @ 3.2 ohms either way

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Send it to me for cost of shipping?
I still need it until i get a good amp (looking for a SAZ-1500d) then i dont care where it goes

My old audiopipe pushed out more power on the same rise. An amp should not be going into protection @ 3.2 ohms either way 

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I still need it until i get a good amp (looking for a SAZ-1500d) then i dont care where it goes
Remember me and I'll buy it when ya get the new one

Remember me and I'll buy it when ya get the new one
If anything im hoping to use it get some cash back from the 1500d purchase. ***** how i saved up for 'quality' and this quality is turning out to **** even more than cheap amps like the apsm 1500

If anything im hoping to use it get some cash back from the 1500d purchase. ***** how i saved up for 'quality' and this quality is turning out to **** even more than cheap amps like the apsm 1500
don't screw someone else with that POS...take a Florida vacation and beat the shit out of that Kevin dude with it, or throw it in the trash where it belongs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.