Help out this poor white trash system.

zyphlus

sf, ca

I have about $100-200 to spend on my car sound system. It’s a 1998 Rav4. I didn’t get the AC fixed because it would cost ¼ the value of the car. I replaced the stock cassette HU (i think what u call it) deck after about 11 years when it broke. Sony MEX-BT2800 (52x4 watts) unit. I have a 2011 Rav4 and this 1998 Rav4 is a 2nd car.

I have read for 4 days and my understanding/ assumptions:

- I can’t get crap for Bass from 6.5” round speaker.

- Running HU powered Speakers is crap.

- Most aftermarket 6.5” speakers are not balance tuned. If I purchase a pair they will be tuned to tweet and hi-mids and hi-bass. Exactly what I don’t want.

- The 1998 Rav4, I have read, gets water in the doors and the speakers rust/ deteriorate. I think one is crap already. Car won't last that much longer anyway though so rusting a new pair is low concern..

- I live ½ mile from Fry’s for soundproofing, etc.

- I listen to Alternative, dubstep, and kiddie tunes.

- Only Amps I can find are out of my price range

- Underseat subs ****. Most Amazon reviews question sound and reliability of them

- I use the WHOLE of my rav4 kids soccer, camping etc. and have no room for a box sub. I’m not sure where i would wall install a assume low profile sub.

- While I did wire my HU, I’m not sure about pulling wiring through a car, adding additional power wires or speaker cables. But I can be adventurous.

- I’m slightly tone def. So perfect tones is not absolute.

- 2 way speakers are better overall than 3 way speakers???

I’m desperate to find

A) An inexpensive 4-5 channel amp to power my speakers.

B) I would like to find a way to wall install a low profile sub on a 1998 rav4 (haven’t found) or

C) I would like to find balanced 6.5” round speakers.

The used systems on here are expensive. Frankly I’m looking at cheap system. So far i'm weighing:

Pioneer TS-A1674R

Polk Audio DB651

Pioneer TS-A1684R

MonoPrice UV Resistant 6-1/2 Inches 2-Way Marine Speaker {won't let me link Id #8555 }

Any help appreciated.

I have about $100-200 to spend on my car sound system. It’s a 1998 Rav4. I didn’t get the AC fixed because it would cost ¼ the value of the car. I replaced the stock cassette HU (i think what u call it) deck after about 11 years when it broke. Sony MEX-BT2800 (52x4 watts) unit. I have a 2011 Rav4 and this 1998 Rav4 is a 2nd car.

I have read for 4 days and my understanding/ assumptions:

- I can’t get crap for Bass from 6.5” round speaker.

- Running HU powered Speakers is crap.

- Most aftermarket 6.5” speakers are not balance tuned. If I purchase a pair they will be tuned to tweet and hi-mids and hi-bass. Exactly what I don’t want.

- The 1998 Rav4, I have read, gets water in the doors and the speakers rust/ deteriorate. I think one is crap already. Car won't last that much longer anyway though so rusting a new pair is low concern..

- I live ½ mile from Fry’s for soundproofing, etc.

- I listen to Alternative, dubstep, and kiddie tunes.

- Only Amps I can find are out of my price range

- Underseat subs ****. Most Amazon reviews question sound and reliability of them

- I use the WHOLE of my rav4 kids soccer, camping etc. and have no room for a box sub. I’m not sure where i would wall install a assume low profile sub.

- While I did wire my HU, I’m not sure about pulling wiring through a car, adding additional power wires or speaker cables. But I can be adventurous.

- I’m slightly tone def. So perfect tones is not absolute.

- 2 way speakers are better overall than 3 way speakers???

I’m desperate to find

A) An inexpensive 4-5 channel amp to power my speakers.

B) I would like to find a way to wall install a low profile sub on a 1998 rav4 (haven’t found) or

C) I would like to find balanced 6.5” round speakers.

Frankly I’m looking at cheap system. The used systems on here are expensive.Pioneer TS-A1674R

Polk Audio DB651

Pioneer TS-A1684R

MonoPrice UV Resistant 6-1/2 Inches 2-Way Marine Speaker {won't let me link Id #8555 }

Any help appreciated.
come back with stacks then we'll talk.

You could go with aq pro mids and tweets 80 for pair of each. Spend rest on amp
I wouldn't go that direction. They are not a very good product over all.

If you are just trying to replace your stock speakers there are a few options that you could go with, but as said $100 is a very low budget but it is possible.

I wouldn't go that direction. They are not a very good product over all.
If you are just trying to replace your stock speakers there are a few options that you could go with, but as said $100 is a very low budget but it is possible.
What would be better for the price and still sound good?

Come-on guys i didn't title it "Rich cheap guy." Is there anyway I can replace a probably rusted and old stock speaker and end up sounding better? If you had to choose a crap speaker line with better bass what would it be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.