Chasis Ground

Participant count
  • Participants list
As long as its bare metal you should be good. I usually grind mine down to bare metal, drill out a hole, use a bolt with my ring terminal and wire attached, inserted into the hole and a lock nut on the backside. Once done and I see that I am getting a solid ground, I use undercoating and spray over it to prevent rusting.

Only thing beyond this ^^^ is to use an internal tooth lock washer between the body and your terminal. The little jagged points on the washer will bite into both surfaces for best contact.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm guessing that's what it is. There's not a lot of room back there.
It’s nice having a test bench. That one is nice and clean! I don’t have pics of mine but mine is built all out of wood with carpet top and all...
In the following order: DOWN4SOUND JFX653S - 6.5 INCH 3 WAY CAR AUDIO SPEAKERS - I did a good listening of these and was pretty impressed. It...
Yeah I saw a lot of that when doing those installs as we also did surround sound system wiring as well. I always ended up being the doing it as...

About this thread

SLIPKANOT

10+ year member
SLIPKANOT
Syracuse, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from