Sign in to follow this  

Whats the best way to do a chasis ground. i have the paint ground off and down to steel. I rana bolt through it with my ground wire attatched. is there a better way.

As long as its bare metal you should be good. I usually grind mine down to bare metal, drill out a hole, use a bolt with my ring terminal and wire attached, inserted into the hole and a lock nut on the backside. Once done and I see that I am getting a solid ground, I use undercoating and spray over it to prevent rusting.

Only thing beyond this ^^^ is to use an internal tooth lock washer between the body and your terminal. The little jagged points on the washer will bite into both surfaces for best contact.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jackattack
      1989 honda crx
      connecting kenwood kdc-mp245
      have to hardwire into car, no harness
      have the speaker and ground connections figured out.
      I need to know which connection goes where: connect the (Battery/YELLOW) wire and (Ignition/RED) wire INTO either the (RED/YELLOW Main stereo supply/radio switched 12v+) or the (WHITE/GREEN Constant power 12v+).
    • By dshaver
      Hey! I'm almost 16 and I'm saving up for a sound system for my first car. I think I want to get two Alpine Type R SWR-1243d (Alpine SWR-1243D 12" Type-R Car Subwoofer/Sub (SWR1243D)) subs but I have no idea what amp (or amps) to power them with. I'm also getting two sets of Type R speakers (Alpine SPR-13S 5-1/4" Type-R Component Speakers) that I think I'm going to power with an Alpine PDX-4.100 (Alpine PDX-4.100 (pdx4100) - 4 Channel Amplifier | Four Channel Amp - Sonic Electronix), but I don't know how to wire multiple amps to one battery. Any help or advice on what amps to use or the best ways to wire amps and subs is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    • By KNIV3S OUT
      So I just finished installing my system in my new car and it isn't even a fraction of how loud it was in my old, which makes no sense to me because I upgraded from 8ga to 0ga power wire and from 14ga to 12ga speaker wire. The only things I've done differently in this car are grounded my amp to the battery instead of chassis (can't find anywhere to ground on chassis without having to buff off paint) and wired speaker to amp differently. I'm thinking this is where I'm losing all my sound.

I'm kind of new to all of this so I don't really know how to explain how I've got it wired compared to before, so I made some horrible ms paint representations lol.

Shaded circles are where I had/have the wires hooked up.

BEFORE:

NOW:

The reason I did it this way is because somehow the threading in both outer ports is stripped and the nut thingy wont tighten down onto the wire. If it's likely this is my problem does anyone have any idea how I can get them to tighten down?

Oh, the amp's a Hifonics Brutus 1200w BXI 1210D Super D-Class, thought I doubt that matters.
    • By alligator
      I am so far from being any type of car audio expert so please pardon my ignorance. I am working on a special project of my own. I am mounting a marine radio for a specific application on an airboat. Due to the ambient noise each rider will wear a corded headphone set.

I am looking for specific names of parts - The construction is not a permanent installation and will not even include radio functionality. The stereo will be used to play a looped CD or MP3 player for an airboat tour boat.

The power supply will 12 volt from the vehicles accesory port, and the stereo/cd player will be mounted in a padded and vibration resistant box (Already Built)

I need an adapter of some sort to go from the speaker wires to 3 Headphone jacks (I need them to be the larger size jacks)
      Is there a filter that can be bought and wired into the power supply to lessen ignition static ect from the exposed motor and simple wiring involved with this vehicle?

Thanks in advance, could you please name sites were I could buy such device's/parts, as well as if there is specific trade lingo for the part names.
    • By R34P3R
      I just wanted to know if is potentially harmful or will even work if I wire a single 4ohm sub with a dual 4ohm. Also, what load would this maintain if it isn't frowned upon. For reference they are MTX 9500's.
      Thanks In Advance