Question about subs under the seat? In a extended cab. 08 gmc Sierra

Jesus805
10+ year member

Sb
So I am going to start building my system for my 08 gmc Sierra extended cab

So for my subs my local car stereo guy told me to our some powerbass xl 10" subs.. He says those are a good bang for your buck.. I was maybe thinking some hdc3 10 or sundown sa 10

They will be powered by an alpine pdx 1.1000 under

And they will be going in a custom box under seat

Or what other subs do u guys think?

For overall performance a down firing enclosure is very nice and using up the area under the seat can work out very very well if done correctly. However, you have a limited height unless you raise the seat up and that will create issues with what you can use.

However, you are not limited to down firing in those trucks. You can do sub forward port forward, or sub forward port to the side, or a few other options.

While a center console enclosure works very well, I don't feel it is the correct answer for most installs. It just works and many times is quicker/easier then other options. Not to say it is a bad choice, it is just not my first choice.

Yeah.thats what I was thinking

Originally I wanted to put my type x under the set but too much of a head ache

With only 1k rms I would shy away from hdc's as you will barely get them moving. I'm a big fan of 8's so I would do a 4th order for 2 SA's .8 sealed 2 ported around 48. Should get loud and have a great bandwidth while using the power you have quite well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.