Need 3 amps for active crossover? Will my 5-Ch work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

puka_bum
10+ year member

Tacoma WA
I have the ASA 1100.5x, and I was looking at going active crossover in my vette. Do I need new amps, or will my 5 channel work? I hope to only run a 6.5" and 1" tweet in each door(2 doors, if you did not get that part). I already have a sub and pioneer cd player.

Do I need a MS-8?

Sooooo, I could run ch. 3&4 to the 6.5's. for front use? Would that make the fronts sound like the rears?

Sooooo, I could run ch. 3&4 to the 6.5's. for front use? Would that make the fronts sound like the rears?
You will need a minimum of a 2-way electronic crossover, that preferably can be set in the 2.5khz-5khz range. You would run the front output from the head unit to the crossover. Then the high output from the crossover to channels 1&2 on the amp, with your tweeters on channels 1&2. You would run the low output from the crossover to channels 3&4, with the mids on channels 3&4. The mids wont be getting a "rear" signal the will be getting a filtered "front" signal, not that it really matters. You will also need to use your amps high pass on channels 3&4, and this is all assuming you have a sub output from the head unit that you can run to channel 5.

You will need a minimum of a 2-way electronic crossover, that preferably can be set in the 2.5khz-5khz range. You would run the front output from the head unit to the crossover. Then the high output from the crossover to channels 1&2 on the amp, with your tweeters on channels 1&2. You would run the low output from the crossover to channels 3&4, with the mids on channels 3&4. The mids wont be getting a "rear" signal the will be getting a filtered "front" signal, not that it really matters. You will also need to use your amps high pass on channels 3&4, and this is all assuming you have a sub output from the head unit that you can run to channel 5.
not trying to thread jack but from my understnding the orion 8004 can be ran active? Like my tweets on ch 1&2 and mids on 3&4 correct?

not trying to thread jack but from my understnding the orion 8004 can be ran active? Like my tweets on ch 1&2 and mids on 3&4 correct?
The crossovers on that Orion can be set for up to 3Khz, so yes it is possible. Up to 5khz would be better but it's definitely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...