Sign in to follow this  
MakingTrevenue

Help With Complete New System - 2009 Ford Focus

Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a whole new system for my 2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE. I don't have Ford SYNC or the steering wheel radio controls. I am inexperienced in my knowledge of car audio, so I went to Crutchfield to talk to someone about what I should get. Listed below are all the items I decided on with the help of a very nice lady!

Sound Ordnance B-24 (Two 12-Inch Subs)

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X395 (Head Unit)

PAC Ford Radio Replacement Interface

Sound Ordnance M-2250 (Amp)

Kicker KS68 6" x 8" Speakers (Front & Rear Set)

EFX 8 Gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit

StreetWires 12 Gauge Ultra Cable Speaker Wire

Total Cost: $726

I've heard mixed reviews about Crutchfield, so I wanted to come here to see what buyers think I should do. As you can see, I'm looking for 4 speakers, 2 subs, an amp, and head unit. The reviews on all the items were great, but I don't know if they're worth the money. I also don't know if I'm getting the right stuff so I just need some help. If you have any ideas on what I should get or if this is fine, let me know please. Thanks.

deck ok the rest is garbage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

pioneer avhx 4800 dvd, ampere tfhe 9.0 and 150.4 with arc audio xxd 4080

4 d3100 and 3 deka 8a31 and d975 ,270 dc power and 320 amp singer alt

B2 ref mids,Cdt es6 mids cdt es 010 tweets x2 ,es 03 Mids x 2 mx1000 , sky high ,eb flex, and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 crossfire xsv2 18s in a 4th order no wall box

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

http://www.dcsoundlab.com

yea lots,whats ur budget and what do you want from your system spl , sq, sql ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

B2 ref mids,Cdt es6 mids cdt es 010 tweets x2 ,es 03 Mids x 2 mx1000 , sky high ,eb flex, and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 crossfire xsv2 18s in a 4th order no wall box

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Somewhere around $600, but I can go more if necessary. Sorry, but I don't know what spl, sq, and sql mean? I'm looking for quite a bit of bass from my system, but still crisp and clear audio.

ok the deck will be ok ,i can get it cheaper than crutchfield too.american bass xd 12subs x 2 and a vfl 75.1 amp amp kit and ported box with deck and wires

amp 225 subs 110 each so 220,deck kenwood x 396 for 120 and the pac interface 100 ,wires 50

715 total plus shipping and paypal fees and this is a way better system if you can build your box it will cost you about $35more

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

well unless the stock speakers are trashed now you could use them for the time being .to do the frt doors properly you'll need some components and some matting material which will run 3-400 alone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jordan Cole
      I'm trying to build a budget system for my Equinox, I have no knowledge of what I am doing, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm a little gun shy, and not willing to pull the trigger on my purchase. I've included everything I can think of without the wiring. I'll be purchasing that through crutchfield due to the discounts I would be getting.

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-HD545U for $140

Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA-1005 for $250
      5-channel car amplifier — 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Sub: Polk Audio db1212 for $170
      High Quality Slot Ported Subwoofer Enclosure Loaded with One 12" db Series Car Subwoofers Loaded at 2 Ohm Final Impedance

Front doors: Polk Audio db6501 for $150
      6-1/2" 300W 2-Way db Series Component Car Speaker System

Rear doors: Polk Audio db651s for $76
      6-1/2" 165W 2-Way db Series Slim Mount Coaxial Car Speakers

I'm just trying to figure out where money is being wasted, or not used enough, and if everything will work together with better than average results.
    • By mnboarder
      I'm ordering all of my parts for my first setup and my sub i ordered turned out to be on backorder so I'm suppose to substitute it. I ordered a Kicker VCVR122 enclosed sub. I have a Kicker ZX500.1 Amp coming and I need to find a enclosed sub to match it. I'm looking for a single 12" sub that would match the RMS of the amp.
      Here are the amp specs
      Kicker ZX500.1-
      # ZX Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier
      # RMS Power Rating (14.4V):

* 4 ohms: 250 watts x 1 chan.
      * 2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.

# High efficiency MOSFET power supply
      # LED power and protection indicators
      # Remote bass level input (Kicker 10ZXRC remote level control sold separately)
      # Tuned Bass EQ (0-18 dB bass boost at 40 Hz)
      # Preamp RCA outputs
      # Muting circuit cancels out unwanted noise
      # Boost, gain, and crossover frequencies are top-mounted for easy access
      # Balanced differential inputs for noise elimination and factory-radio compatibility
      # 3 Automatic turn-on modes (remote, DC offset, signal sense)
      # Optional edgy vinyl skins for personalizing heat sinks available
      # Optional Kicker 08ZXEC endcaps are available for all ZX amplifier models
      # High-density convection heat sink for extreme heat dissipation
      # Gold-plated RCA level inputs
      # Gold-plated screw terminals
      # Input sensitivity:

* Low level: 125mV-5V
      * High level: 250mV-10V

# Variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
      # High-pass subsonic filter (24 dB at 25 Hz)
      # CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
      # Frequency response: 25-200 Hz
      # Dimensions: 12"L x 9-5/8"W x 2-1/8"H
      # Actual power exceeds rated power, documented inside each carton
      # 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended. Contact us for information regarding a discount on a select amplifier kit when purchased together.

I would prefer a Kicker sub but whatever works best is fine with me.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
      Thanks!
    • By brodie
      Alright, so I recently got a Pioneer TS-W301R 12" 800w peak and 150w RMS.
      I will be powering this sub with a dodgy Powervox 1400 Watt 2 channel 70 RMS per channel, and i will be bridging it. And my head unit is a JVC KDR206.
      Now my questions are:
      Will it work?
      What type of wiring kit will i need?
      Where could I get a wiring kit for it cheap as possible?
    • By gmildner13
      This is my first time dealing with any type of car audio systems and I am in need of some help. I am trying to put a new head unit in my car along with 2 subs. I am wondering what all I will need and if the components I have picked out are good and will work together. I have a budget of $1000. I have a list of all the components that I have picked out for the whole system. Add an "h" to the beginning of each link.

Head Unit - ttp://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-X3500BHS-2-DIN-Multimedia-Receiver/dp/B00A85ANCW

Subwoofer (2) - ttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kicker+-+CompVR+12%22+Dual-Voice-Coil+2-Ohm+Subwoofer/9894268.p?id=1218190975674&skuId=9894268

Amp - ttp://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-D9601-Digital-Class-Amplifier/dp/B00A02Q2ZA/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367724345&sr=1-5&keywords=pioneer+amplifier#productDetails

Box - ttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/Metra---12%26%2334%3B-Dual-Ported-Subwoofer-Enclosure---Black/4845648.p?id=1218558382345&skuId=4845648