iPhone 5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickclickw00t
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm sure most of you have seen the new iPhone 5 and Apple's newest iTouch releases.

There's just one problem for all of us that use an ipod cable to connect to head units:

THIS UNIT HAS A LIGHTING PORT!!!!

Yes, that's right, as can be seen here:

iPhone - Buy iPhone 5 with Free Shipping - Apple Store (U.S.)

The port is different. This is something everyone with a headunit that uses an ipod cable are going to have to deal with. Just more $$$ for Apple via accessories everyone will be. I'm sure there will be bulky adapters, but I'm really not looking forward to how ugly that will make my interior.

Let's hear some thoughts on this!

I'd kinda like to at least try and keep this thread to people who are actually being affected by this problem, instead of comments on the iPhone.

Love my 4S but im dissapointed in the i5's screen. I was hoping it would be wider not just taller.

Just have to **** it up and buy a new cord,im not using that adaptor.

Who cares? Honestly when you break it down the phone really hasn't changed since release.

Anyways, once they start making android hu units, iPhone dead

Honestly my thought is once my iPhone dies I am getting a droid, yes I use it currently with my HU, but a 3.5mm to RCA jack works just fine for most HU's if you have an AUX port.

You don't have to play apple's game if you dont want to. Unless you have a double din with a nice screen its much easier to control your iphone from your iphone. Just my opinion on the topic.

Honestly my thought is once my iPhone dies I am getting a droid, yes I use it currently with my HU, but a 3.5mm to RCA jack works just fine for most HU's if you have an AUX port.
You don't have to play apple's game if you dont want to. Unless you have a double din with a nice screen its much easier to control your iphone from your iphone. Just my opinion on the topic.
You do know that when you use the 3.5mm headphone jack you're using the iPod's amp and you're distorting the output because, in effect, it's being amplified 2 times, once by the ipod, and then by the headunit. When you connect your ipod/iphone device straight to your headunit via a USB cable, the head unit is doing the Digital to Analog conversion and you have better audio quality?

You do know that when you use the 3.5mm headphone jack you're using the iPod's amp and you're distorting the output because, in effect, it's being amplified 2 times, once by the ipod, and then by the headunit. When you connect your ipod/iphone device straight to your headunit via a USB cable, the head unit is doing the Digital to Analog conversion and you have better audio quality?
I am super picky about music, but unless you are dealing with apple lossless or higher quailty files its not going to matter that much.

I can barely stand the sound out of an i-device with or without the USB anyway.

.mp3 or whatever the compressed apple files are is a crap format compared to a cd so why bother...

On my elcipse I actually preferred the 3.5mm output compared to the joke of an ipod adapotor they sold.

Who cares? Honestly when you break it down the phone really hasn't changed since release. Anyways, once they start making android hu units, iPhone dead
That's kind of funny.... when you break it down go to your local cell phone stores, every new phone out is mimicking the iPhone big-screen ... no buttons... The iphone changed the cell phone market for ever!!!

I am super picky about music, but unless you are dealing with apple lossless or higher quailty files its not going to matter that much. I can barely stand the sound out of an i-device with or without the USB anyway.

.mp3 or whatever the compressed apple files are is a crap format compared to a cd so why bother...

On my elcipse I actually preferred the 3.5mm output compared to the joke of an ipod adapotor they sold.

I use my 4s headphone jack when listening to music in car.. Not sure if u know but u can eq any song in your itunes library and then when you put it on your device it will stay EQ'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...