Sign in to follow this  
Nater&Hailey

Audioque HDC4.0 12

I just got the AQ 4.0 3 days ago and with stock alt and battery, it gets loud. Running an Alpine v-power 2000 at it at 2 ohms, great sub but very power hungry. Could sound a little better, and read another forum they are mainly constructed for COMPETITIVE use, handling up to 8k for a burp. Highly recommend if interested in the 12s class.

What size box do you have it in?

09 Cobalt LT

Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887

Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets

Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4

Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s

Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks

Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s

Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener

"Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"

TEAM DC AUDIO

its a pro box super bass series so its 2.25^3 it should be bigger but dont have time to build a new one.

there is your issue with performance and sound.

When that sub was being finished up we tested it in many many enclosures at AQ and it performs amazingly well in a custom enclosure designed around the sub, power, application, and goals. Yes, they can take a large amount of power and get very loud for competition use, but that is not it's only use.

DCCreationssigfinalimg.jpg

I loved my two 12" aq hdc4's. They sounded amazing and got extremely loud at low frequencies.

Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2

pizzanq6.jpg

HU: Home stereo converted to dc

Speakers: Stock

Subs: 6 1/2 home sub

Amp: off the stereo

Wiring: extended power cord

neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

heh try two 4.0 18s :naughty:

2005 Chevy Colorado ext cab ( back seats removed )

kenwood DNX6980 DD 4v preouts

Rockford fosgate PA2 equalizer

Sub Stage: x2 18" AQ HDC4

Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1 at .5 ohm

Enclosure: 8.2 cu ft tuned 29hz

highs/mids: RF T2 6.5, 1" super dome tweeters

CA: Rockford Fosgate T800.4

Electrical: Iraggi 320A HO Alt, 3x XS 3400, Big 3, 2/0 welding cable throughout

Metered 9/21/12 after install = 153.9 db. 11/2/12 after break-in = 154.4 db

do you like the 18s? i have the 12 because i got ahold of it for $200 and it cranks out the music i like to listen to (dubstep) well. also im a bit limited to my air space but willing to sacrafice my backseats if i needed to later down the road.

do you like the 18s? i have the 12 because i got ahold of it for $200 and it cranks out the music i like to listen to (dubstep) well. also im a bit limited to my air space but willing to sacrafice my backseats if i needed to later down the road.

i had to get rid of my backseats to get this shizz in there, they are stupid loud and arent even broken in i got an awesome deal on them from a buddy of mine, i wont even get to hear their full potential till after i loosen the coils a bit, did a burp today score in my sig im expecting better results after break-in

2005 Chevy Colorado ext cab ( back seats removed )

kenwood DNX6980 DD 4v preouts

Rockford fosgate PA2 equalizer

Sub Stage: x2 18" AQ HDC4

Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1 at .5 ohm

Enclosure: 8.2 cu ft tuned 29hz

highs/mids: RF T2 6.5, 1" super dome tweeters

CA: Rockford Fosgate T800.4

Electrical: Iraggi 320A HO Alt, 3x XS 3400, Big 3, 2/0 welding cable throughout

Metered 9/21/12 after install = 153.9 db. 11/2/12 after break-in = 154.4 db

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account