SPL box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

camdogg4570
10+ year member

Ok so my friend has two RE REX 8's laying around and he wants to make a box to get them loud. We have built ported boxes, but I'm just wondering if there's any other type/style of box that would get these two 8's as loud as possible. Our main goal is maximum SPL so SQ doesn't matter. We have considered making a 6th order bandpass or t-line boxes, but we don't have much experience with those types to know if they will get the job done. So... what box in your opinion will get these 8's as loud as they can get?

EbayBassHorn3.jpg

Horn if you got the space

lulz were had. might as well just tell him to fit a tline in a geo metro. he could do a folded horn however...

Did you see that horn with pair of 10's in Sanford at the first show of the year there? It was VERY impressive for the power and cone area. A true horn can give fantastic gains.

Did you see that horn with pair of 10's in Sanford at the first show of the year there? It was VERY impressive for the power and cone area. A true horn can give fantastic gains.
pshh... I didnt go to the show there lol... but I have seen some folded horns used in vehicle applications. and yes I have heard that they can be very impressive.

pshh... I didnt go to the show there lol... but I have seen some folded horns used in vehicle applications. and yes I have heard that they can be very impressive.

It was a legit horn, station wagon full to the B pillar. **** was real.

Yep that was Joshua Rideout's setup. He had a pair of TC 10's iirc. Pulled a high 130 at 20hz and had enough force to move the entire box back and forth (keep in mind that box probably weighed close to 150-200lbs and was also strapped down)

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

It was a legit horn, station wagon full to the B pillar. **** was real.
Last I talked to him he was gonna go all out with concrete but I don't know if he's gonna go through with it or not, after all that means buying another vehicle...

Yep that was Joshua Rideout's setup. He had a pair of TC 10's iirc. Pulled a high 130 at 20hz and had enough force to move the entire box back and forth (keep in mind that box probably weighed close to 150-200lbs and was also strapped down) 

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Last I talked to him he was gonna go all out with concrete but I don't know if he's gonna go through with it or not, after all that means buying another vehicle...
Only 1 sub was working.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.