SK-1500.1 jumps into protect at high volume

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
It just started doing this yesterday. When i play music at higher volumes the amp will jump into protect in about 3-4 seconds in doing so. Low volumes work great, its just when i go into high volume. The subwoofer is fine and not blown or damaged.

I contacted Kevin about repairing it out of warranty, but ill weight that against the cost of an AQ2200D used, or maybe even a Crescendo BC2000 new

It just started doing this yesterday. When i play music at higher volumes the amp will jump into protect in about 3-4 seconds in doing so. Low volumes work great, its just when i go into high volume. The subwoofer is fine and not blown or damaged.
hey joe, you check all your power and ground connections with a DMM? Go over each onefrom the battery back with a DMM and especially across the fuse holder, you might have a loose connection causing voltage losses.

hey joe, you check all your power and ground connections with a DMM? Go over each onefrom the battery back with a DMM and especially across the fuse holder, you might have a loose connection causing voltage losses.
That's where I would start too!

That's where I would start too!
Before sending it in - I would do make sure all of your corrections are solid as they said - might save you having to wait on shipping, etc when the amplifier is perfectly fine.

Connections were tight, and voltage was perfect at the amplifier tested with a DMM. It would go off at my full 14.4V.

I opened the amp before i packed it up to check it visually and i didnt see anything wrong with it at all.

The sub looks fine, the amp looked fine and the electrical looked fine. Even had new batteries... The amplifier is throwing the red light so thats what i have to blame for now. It was only $28 to ship to Amp medics.

discrepencies?
Hmm? It seems odd how it all happened. I put my gains up to clamped 1500watts power, it lasted maybe 2-3 hours of playtime before it kicked off. Once it kicked off, it did it ever since at any high volume regardless of gain setting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.