Another HO alternator and Batt's Question....

BAPEKC
10+ year member

2LT
NYC
Im in the phase of my electrical now and i have some questions. I can go with a 180, 220, 260 or 300 amp alternator. Following im going with 4 batts. Also my system is about 5500 rms. What do you guys suggest i do to provide adequate power?

ask whoever makes the alts and tell them how much power you'll have and how you'll be using it. 300a might do nothing at idle so for a daily driver that could be a problem. Not all HO alts are created equal...

I would suggest something around the 270 amp to 340 amp range, depending on the application. In addition, a good battery bank will round out the system. Our 270 amps do outperform our 320 amp alternators at idle (800 RPM) output but the 320 will exceed the 270 in output at cruise speeds. Some food for thought. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

michael@mechman.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.